Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can Page Naming Conventions be cumtomized?

Level 2

I want to cumtomize the Naming Convention rules and add a sequence id to page name.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @LiYanfei, in terms of technical approach that could be used, I see following options:

Backend oriented - in general it will apply the change after page was created or copy/pasted.

Mix of frontend and backend - this approach assures that desired page name is generated before it is saved in the repository.

• Create Sling servlet that will generate/expose sequence id you would like to add to the page name. Create javascript that will call the servlet and will automatically update page name on page creation/update GUI wizard.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you explain a little bit:

- Do you need to change name of existing pages?

- If you crate new page, you have to name the page. Do you want this to be automated/customized so that it takes a default value?

Level 2

- Not applied for existing pages. Applied for page create and page copy.

- I want to be automated/customized.

Community Advisor

I think @lukasz-m covered almost all the ways you can achieve this. 

You can achieve the same by going any of the ways described.

- Backend Oriented : Best way to go for Long Term Support.

- Frontend Oriented : Fastest and easiest way, although , you may need to make changes if Adobe changes the class names of the dialog in a new SP or version.

I would personally go with the front end oriented as it cannot impact performance.

Just write a event listener on "Create Page" button in JS and write a small function which will automatically add the filename/pattern you are looking for through code.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @LiYanfei, in terms of technical approach that could be used, I see following options:

Backend oriented - in general it will apply the change after page was created or copy/pasted.

Mix of frontend and backend - this approach assures that desired page name is generated before it is saved in the repository.

• Create Sling servlet that will generate/expose sequence id you would like to add to the page name. Create javascript that will call the servlet and will automatically update page name on page creation/update GUI wizard.