Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can not create new AEM project. The wizard will fail to popup. [Eclipse show :This step defines which server to use with the new project.]

Level 1

I have installed and configure Eclipse AEM plugin. Then start to create a new AEM project by eclipse. But always failed.

I find some same issue on stackoverflow.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28556085/aem-eclipse-plugin-new-project-creation-issue

I found some error log as below:

OS Environmen: Window 7 enterprise 64bit

JDK: 1.8.0_121

Maven: 3.3.9

Installed AEM plugin, online and offline both to have tried: com.adobe.granite.ide.p2update-1.1.0.zip (from https://eclipse.adobe.com/aem/dev-tools/)

Tried to add archetype by manual, local and remote both to have tried. (from https://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/archetype-catalog.xml)

Eclipse: Luna, Neon both to tired, both failed.

Eclipse show :This step defines which server to use with the new project. can not process to wizard

Eclipse error log:

eclipse.buildId=4.6.0.I20160606-1100
java.version=1.8.0_121
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_SG
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

org.eclipse.ui
Error
Fri Apr 28 15:29:23 SGT 2017
Unhandled event loop exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not process archetype: null
    at com.adobe.granite.ide.eclipse.ui.wizards.np.AdvancedSettingsComponent.initialize(AdvancedSettingsComponent.java:267)
    at com.adobe.granite.ide.eclipse.ui.wizards.np.SimplerParametersWizardPage.setVisible(SimplerParametersWizardPage.java:160)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java:1215)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.lambda$2(WizardDialog.java:1185)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showPage(WizardDialog.java:1185)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:876)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:419)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:618)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4410)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4228)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3816)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)
    at org.eclipse.ui.actions.NewProjectAction.run(NewProjectAction.java:115)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:473)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:565)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.lambda$4(ActionContributionItem.java:397)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4410)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4228)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3816)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:687)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:604)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:138)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.adobe.granite.ide.eclipse.ui.wizards.np.AdvancedSettingsComponent.initialize(AdvancedSettingsComponent.java:253)
    ... 46 more

When I try to use command line to create, it succeed. I don't know why eclipse have this issue. Who can help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

I think the plugin has the problem, if you Click cancel and then run a build from console and them add to the server in eclipse, it will work.

Go to root of your project and run the maven command: mvn -PautoInstallPackage -PintegrationServer install

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Administrator

I think the plugin has the problem, if you Click cancel and then run a build from console and them add to the server in eclipse, it will work.

Go to root of your project and run the maven command: mvn -PautoInstallPackage -PintegrationServer install

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni