Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

add new cq:commerceType for etc/commerce/products

Aeman
Level 2
Level 2

Hi - My products are laid out by Series -> Product. 

So is there a way to create a new cq:commerceType (for my series). I don't want to have "product" commerceType for series as well. What core files do i need to override to achieve this ?

1 Accepted Solution
mhaack
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hello, can you explain what you are trying to achieve by using cq:commerceType = series?

The short answer to your question is: yes, the AEM commerce framework itself supports custom types of cq:commerceType.

The long answer is it depends on two elements:

• Even the underlying commerce framework supports custom types it depends on your implementation of CommerceService and CommerceSession. I guess you use your own implementation of CommerceService, CommerceSession, Product and the importer classes, so you need handle the series type here. Especially AbstractJcrProduct makes some assumptions about the cq:commerceType and you have to overwrite many methods here or directly implement the Product interface
  • The AEM commerce consoles, editors etc, especially everything related to product search or filtering are working with cq:commerceType = product. They will very likely not show you services in search results or product finder. Here you must implement custom search handlers etc. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
smacdonald2008
Level 10
Level 10

I have asked the ecommerce team to look at this question. 

mhaack
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hello, can you explain what you are trying to achieve by using cq:commerceType = series?

The short answer to your question is: yes, the AEM commerce framework itself supports custom types of cq:commerceType.

The long answer is it depends on two elements:

• Even the underlying commerce framework supports custom types it depends on your implementation of CommerceService and CommerceSession. I guess you use your own implementation of CommerceService, CommerceSession, Product and the importer classes, so you need handle the series type here. Especially AbstractJcrProduct makes some assumptions about the cq:commerceType and you have to overwrite many methods here or directly implement the Product interface
  • The AEM commerce consoles, editors etc, especially everything related to product search or filtering are working with cq:commerceType = product. They will very likely not show you services in search results or product finder. Here you must implement custom search handlers etc. 

View solution in original post