Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can not add fields to Content Fragment Model

Level 4

Hi all,

We are trying to add fields to a Content Fragment Model we created. But, there are no fields to add. The page is blank. I am logged in as Admin.

content fragment null.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AD-Engineer,

I suggest to try the below steps in the order mentioned and see if it works. (given that you are on admin login + CFM editor is working on global folder, issue should be with way we create and configure CFM - Could see slight changes in the steps you followed)

In your local, navigate to

Try these steps fresh as is with some test name (need not be your project) and see if it works. 

If you still face issues, see if it is possible to grab a screencast and share to narrow down further. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 4
I have already done all these steps, but fields are not available to be added

Level 6

@AD-Engineer , Can you share the steps that you have followed. I Will check the same in my system. As I can see the fields in content fragment model in my local on AEM 6.4. Thanks

Level 4
Hi @kchaurasiya. I followed the same steps as on the documentation. I created a folder inside configurations browser, and I selected Content Fragment Models on properties of that folder. Then, I created the folder on DAM and mapped it with my CF folder. Then, I tried creating a folder - the structure of that model. I could create it - add name. But when it came to add fields, the page was blank, as shown above. Thanks!

Level 6
Hi @AD-Engineer - Something is wrong from your side. You might be missing something.I am sharing the snapshots of my content Fragment Model that you can compare with your one . Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi @AD-Engineer ,

You must be getting some network/console error of libraries not being loaded properly. Do you see below library loaded on your page-

http:<host>:<port>/libs/dam/cfm/models/editor/components/formbuilder/clientlibs.css

Level 4
Hi @Ritesh_Mittal .Yes this is being loaded. I can add fields if I create CFM on global folder, but not on my project folder.

Community Advisor

Hi @AD-Engineer ,

Just to confirm, while creation of configuration folder, you have selected 'Content Fragment Model' checkbox. Do you see any error in logs?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AD-Engineer,

I suggest to try the below steps in the order mentioned and see if it works. (given that you are on admin login + CFM editor is working on global folder, issue should be with way we create and configure CFM - Could see slight changes in the steps you followed)

In your local, navigate to

Try these steps fresh as is with some test name (need not be your project) and see if it works. 

If you still face issues, see if it is possible to grab a screencast and share to narrow down further. 

Level 6

@AD-Engineer , As per our previous discussion. I have created the test Content Fragment model you can check and compare with your one. 

CF name : Test  - Once CF is created we can navigate to the below path to check the same.

Crx/de Path : /conf/my-project/settings/dam/cfm/models/test

You can compare the your CF field properties with below and let me know if you found any difference. Below one is working as expected in my local.

kchaurasiya_1-1624369234593.png

kchaurasiya_2-1624369367408.png

kchaurasiya_3-1624369437279.png

kchaurasiya_4-1624369482199.png

Thank You.