Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can i delete policies found in the Layout Containers

Level 1

I have a couple of policies that need to be deleted from the layout container. 

Documentation I referred to are: Delete a policy , Using the document security webpages but these were not as helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @sakd ,

Documents you are referring to is not related to layout container policies. As @Albin_Issac mentioned, you can remove policies from crx (/conf/project-folder/settings/wcm/policies/wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid)

or

make changes in the code( /conf/project-folder/settings/wcm/policies/wcm/foundation/policies/.content.xml) remove the policies which you don't require and deploy the package using default mode(replace mode to remove the existing content and modify the policies)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I dont think there is any option to delete the policies through UI but can be deleted through CRX/DE  e.g /conf/wknd/settings/wcm/policies/wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid

Better option is to store the project specific conf folder (/conf/wknd) to repository(git) so that the policies can be added/removed whenever required.

Regards

Albin I

www.albinsblog.com

Community Advisor

Hi @sakd , 

Like @Albin_Issac mentioned you can do it via crx.

Also if you do not need policy to be applicable for page, you can change it ui in policy tab but we do not have option to delete from UI

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @sakd ,

Documents you are referring to is not related to layout container policies. As @Albin_Issac mentioned, you can remove policies from crx (/conf/project-folder/settings/wcm/policies/wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid)

or

make changes in the code( /conf/project-folder/settings/wcm/policies/wcm/foundation/policies/.content.xml) remove the policies which you don't require and deploy the package using default mode(replace mode to remove the existing content and modify the policies)

Community Advisor

Are you referring to AEM Forms or AEM Site policies? For AEM Sites you can check the replies/comment but fopr AEM Form , you can move this thread to AEM Form community.

Arun Patidar