Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can AEM share crypto library to other system?

Level 4

Basically in AEM I would want to encrypt some text using AEM CryptoSupport and pass the encrypted key to other system(say ABC system), then the ABC system to decrypt the key to do some action.

AEM can share Adobe Granite Crypto Support 0.0.8 jar to ABC system to do encrypt/decrypt but I wonder how does AEM share HMAC and Master file to other system to decrypt? Is this possible ? Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi, 

You shouldn't be sharing your private key with another system. You want to use the concept of public and private keys https://mkyong.com/java/java-asymmetric-cryptography-example/ From here is the trivial example:

"Bob wants to send Alice an encrypted message. To do this, Bob takes Alice’s public key and encrypts his message to her. Then, when Alice receives the message, she takes the private key that is known only to her in order to decrypt the message from Bob and reads it."

You first need to decide in which direction is the encrypted data flowing.

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi, 

You shouldn't be sharing your private key with another system. You want to use the concept of public and private keys https://mkyong.com/java/java-asymmetric-cryptography-example/ From here is the trivial example:

"Bob wants to send Alice an encrypted message. To do this, Bob takes Alice’s public key and encrypts his message to her. Then, when Alice receives the message, she takes the private key that is known only to her in order to decrypt the message from Bob and reads it."

You first need to decide in which direction is the encrypted data flowing.

Regards,

Opkar

Level 4
Thank you. This really helped me to understand. Like you said we should go with asymmetric cryptography, the concept of public and private key pair

Administrator
Good to see you back, Opkar. Thank you for sharing the solution.

Kautuk Sahni