Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can add new menu layer (like Projects,Sites,Assets,Tools...) to navigation bar in AEM author instance?

Level 1

Hi,

I need to extend left menu list on aem author (I attached pic about what I need),is it possible or not?If it is possible,can you explain the solution?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi

Please have a look at this community article:-

Link:- http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.in/2016/02/developing-vanitypath-manager-for-adobe.html

The following location shows the JCR node that is responsible for adding a new menu option under the Tools menu. 

JCR nodes that create a new menu option under Tools

The “/apps/cq/core/content/nav/tools/" node is an nt:unstructured with the following properties:

• href - specifies the web page that is rendered when the menu option is clicked. In this example, /etc/vanity-url.html is specified. 
  • jcr:description - provides a description of the menu item
  • jcr:title - the title that appears. In this example, it is Vanity URL Manager.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi

Please have a look at this community article:-

Link:- http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.in/2016/02/developing-vanitypath-manager-for-adobe.html

The following location shows the JCR node that is responsible for adding a new menu option under the Tools menu. 

JCR nodes that create a new menu option under Tools

The “/apps/cq/core/content/nav/tools/" node is an nt:unstructured with the following properties:

• href - specifies the web page that is rendered when the menu option is clicked. In this example, /etc/vanity-url.html is specified. 
  • jcr:description - provides a description of the menu item
  • jcr:title - the title that appears. In this example, it is Vanity URL Manager.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni