Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Can add new menu layer (like Projects,Sites,Assets,Tools...) to navigation bar in AEM author instance?

Level 1

Hi,

I need to extend left menu list on aem author (I attached pic about what I need),is it possible or not?If it is possible,can you explain the solution?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi

Please have a look at this community article:-

Link:- http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.in/2016/02/developing-vanitypath-manager-for-adobe.html

The following location shows the JCR node that is responsible for adding a new menu option under the Tools menu. 

JCR nodes that create a new menu option under Tools

The “/apps/cq/core/content/nav/tools/" node is an nt:unstructured with the following properties:

• href - specifies the web page that is rendered when the menu option is clicked. In this example, /etc/vanity-url.html is specified. 
  • jcr:description - provides a description of the menu item
  • jcr:title - the title that appears. In this example, it is Vanity URL Manager.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi

Please have a look at this community article:-

Link:- http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.in/2016/02/developing-vanitypath-manager-for-adobe.html

The following location shows the JCR node that is responsible for adding a new menu option under the Tools menu. 

JCR nodes that create a new menu option under Tools

The “/apps/cq/core/content/nav/tools/" node is an nt:unstructured with the following properties:

• href - specifies the web page that is rendered when the menu option is clicked. In this example, /etc/vanity-url.html is specified. 
  • jcr:description - provides a description of the menu item
  • jcr:title - the title that appears. In this example, it is Vanity URL Manager.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni