Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can 1 Custom Metadata Schema Reference Another?

Level 3

Is it possible to have 1 custom metadata schema reference another?

For instance, I have:

customSchema1 which has application, image, and video customized underneath it.  It is applied to folder1.

customSchema2 which also has application, image, and video customized underneath it.  It is applied to folder2.

The only difference between the 2 schemas is with the image customization.  application and video are identical so I'd like to be able to reuse them rather than duplicate them.

Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The Metadata Schema are inherited to child base on Types. Like Image is inherited by jpeg and tiff.

We cannot reference one Metadata Schema from different Metadata Schema. Like in your case customSchema1 and customSchema2.

Its like Class inheritance is java. Two siblings cannot inherit from one another, but they can inherit from a common parent

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The Metadata Schema are inherited to child base on Types. Like Image is inherited by jpeg and tiff.

We cannot reference one Metadata Schema from different Metadata Schema. Like in your case customSchema1 and customSchema2.

Its like Class inheritance is java. Two siblings cannot inherit from one another, but they can inherit from a common parent

Aanchal Sikka