Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Call AEM Servlet based on asset path

Level 3

Hello All, 

Any thoughts on how can we call a servlet based on the asset path, say /content/dam/cms/assetpath. 

If I want to load a servlet if we hit any asset under this path.

Thanks,

Sateesh K.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Technically you can register to any resource, but you cannot register a servlet by resourceType and specify the filter on it, instead, you could use a Sling servlet Filter, I would recommend exploring the Sling Filter first. Answering your question, the resource type to register an asset is "dam/Asset".

Another option could be to use a Workflow  + WF Launcher to make sure a workflow is executed only under that asset. 

Just for reference, this is how you will register the servlet for all the resources which are assets:

(service = { Servlet.class })
@SlingServletResourceTypes(
        resourceTypes="dam/Asset",
        methods=HttpConstants.METHOD_GET,
        extensions="txt")
@ServiceDescription("Simple Demo Servlet")
public class MyServlet extends SlingSafeMethodsServlet {

Then, you will invoke the servlet like this: 

http://localhost:4502/content/dam/myasset.jpg.txt

Hope it helps

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3

Thanks for you reply but I am looking for more precise solution like if the asset path is /content/cms/asset/******/*****.pdf. 

Community Advisor

you can apply resource type with the extension ".pdf"

Community Advisor

Oh, there is no resorceType property for dam:Asset. let me check if i found something will get back to you

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Technically you can register to any resource, but you cannot register a servlet by resourceType and specify the filter on it, instead, you could use a Sling servlet Filter, I would recommend exploring the Sling Filter first. Answering your question, the resource type to register an asset is "dam/Asset".

Another option could be to use a Workflow  + WF Launcher to make sure a workflow is executed only under that asset. 

Just for reference, this is how you will register the servlet for all the resources which are assets:

(service = { Servlet.class })
@SlingServletResourceTypes(
        resourceTypes="dam/Asset",
        methods=HttpConstants.METHOD_GET,
        extensions="txt")
@ServiceDescription("Simple Demo Servlet")
public class MyServlet extends SlingSafeMethodsServlet {

Then, you will invoke the servlet like this: 

http://localhost:4502/content/dam/myasset.jpg.txt

Hope it helps

Esteban Bustamante