Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Bundle Resolution

Level 4

Hello All,

I have a question related to bundle resolution. Consider we have 10 different AEM projects which has the core module present in all the projects which needs to be installed in the AEM instance via CI/CD pipeline.

There are some core modules let’s say core module 1, 3 & 5 are the primary modules and all other modules depend up on these three modules for bundle resolution and move to “Active” state. What will happen if we install all other core modules first and finally install the core module 1,3 & 5,

Does all other bundles moved to active state up on the installation of core module 1,3 & 5?

Please note that there is no option to go to system console to start the bundles manually. Everything(package install) should happen via CI/CD.

Should we need to specify any ranking or any other configuration required to handle so that regardless of the order of the package/bundle install, the bundle should move to “Active” state as soon as the supporting dependencies are in place.  Can someone tell me what needs to be done here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @s1101v  I'm not sure what the default behaviour of OSGi when the supporting dependencies are installed and active at a later time. But when I looked up the documentation of OSGi, I found refreshBundles(bundles) method you can call in your core bundles to trigger dependencyclosure and start of the bundle. - https://docs.osgi.org/specification/osgi.core/8.0.0/framework.api.html#org.osgi.framework.wiring.Fra...   

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @s1101v  I'm not sure what the default behaviour of OSGi when the supporting dependencies are installed and active at a later time. But when I looked up the documentation of OSGi, I found refreshBundles(bundles) method you can call in your core bundles to trigger dependencyclosure and start of the bundle. - https://docs.osgi.org/specification/osgi.core/8.0.0/framework.api.html#org.osgi.framework.wiring.Fra...   

Community Advisor

Hi @s1101v 
I think as soon as dependencies are resolve the dependent bundle(s) will be resolve automatically.

You can try this in local using core component example.

Arun Patidar