Expand my Community achievements bar.

Bundle issue

Level 4

I have an OSGI Bundle installed in AEM 6.3, that gets in resolved state on its own time and again without any error and I have to activate it manually every time. What might be the issue?

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Check the error.log file and grep for the bundle name to check for various livecycles of the bundle. Lastly, you can alsdo setup a DEBUG logger on the bundle package which is not getting started.

Community Advisor

Can you post your error log if it is fine. There might be some hint

Employee Advisor

If a mandantory (non-optional) dependency of the bundle is unresolved, it will stay on installed until the dependency gets resolved. If there is any dependencies that is not getting resolved, please try making them optional to see the bundle getting started or not.

Level 4

Im having one such scenario. I need to make the resource resolver activate first and only then my bundle should get activated. Im looking for some implementable ideas.

Level 4

It just came to my knowledge that my bundle is dependent on the resource resolver bundle. So, if the resource resolver bundle is not active when my bundle tries to get activated, then my bundle fails to gets activated and stays in resolved state. And, when I manually activate it, by that time resource resolver is already in activated state and thus my bundle also moves to activate state without any error. Im trying to look for some kind of bundle listener implementation ideas, so that my bundle always activates after the resource resolver has got activated.