Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Bulk editor Import is not working for multi string values

Level 2

Issue Found in bulk editor import

Hi,

I have found one issue in AEM bulk editor import, please find below steps to reproduce:

step 1 - search  multi value / multi string records in to bulk editor.

step 2- export multi values / multi string records into .tsv format

step 3 - Do some modificationsin the .tsv file or change existing properties value.

step 4 - Save .tsv file

step 5 - import saved .tsv file

step 6 - Data Imported, imported by 120/120 lines i am getting success Message. But importrd data not updated in the repository.

step 7 -  Log error Message: libs.wcm.core.components.bulkeditor.POST Surrounding brackets expected around "[Using Favourites~/content/site/en-us/home/test1.html~false,About Company~/content/site/en-us/home/test2.html~false]"

Just want to know is it know issue ?,  do you have solution for this issue ?

Regards,

Mahadev Bhagat.

6 Replies

Level 10

I am checking to see if this is a known issue.

Level 10

This is a known issue. Please contact Adobe Support.

Level 2

Hi

I have fix this issue after some code chage bulk editor importer work for multi value string.

Level 2

@smacdonald2008

The above bulk editor import issue fix is available on AEM 6.3 or AEM 6.4 ?

Level 3

@mahadevb28593292As discussed, the issue was occurring because MS Excel was adding garbage [] to the .tsv files. We were able to import the file in bulk editor effectively after editing it using a text editor such as notepad ++

Issue:

The bulk importer was not correctly importing the value of .tsv file after it was being modified in MS Excel

Cause:

We discovered that the MS Excel was adding some garbage [] to the .tsv file thus breaking its format and as a reason of which bulk editor could not import the multi-string data effectively

Solution:

Edit the .tsv file using a text editor such as notepad or notepad++ and it then import works fine for multi-string values as well.

Level 2

Hi Vaibhav,

I tried in the notepad text editor for importer, so it is working fine for me.

Thanks for your help.