Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Bulk Editor GQL question - not retrieving sub-node properties

Level 2

I am having consistent issues with using Bulk Editor to query content that I want to extract in a text file that then can be edited in Excel and then uploaded back to CQ.  Help!  This would be a big timesaver to make this worrk for data management and translation localization.

The Issue:  no data is returned for properties I am querying

Example 1: Pull Title and Description from meta data fields on PDF files in our DAM for translation
Sample Query: 
Root Path:  /content/dam/documents/programs/scientific/brochures-and-catalogs/guides
Custom Properties:  dc:title,dc:description
Content Node:  have checked to read all properties in jcr:content sub node

Results:  Sometimes I have pulled data for the custom properties I am referencing but usually it is returned blank.  VERY ODD and a bit maddening.

Example 2:  Looking to pull custom metadata component content rooted within jcr:content node of Promotion Detail pages in a Promotions node.

Root Path:  /content/special-offers-and-programs/promotions/2016

Custom Properties: description,title

Content Node:  have checked to read all properties in jcr:content sub node

Results:  a big heaping of nothingness

What is in CRX

Triage steps taken

• Used query filter parameters like type:Asset
  • I have gone as far as to select the individual content property node  that I am looking to select and nothing is returned in the query results.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I would recommend looking @ building your own JCR Extraction tool using JCR API and then write app logic to read the data and do what you need to do to meet your business requirements. We have written many extraction tools using the JCR API and I find it much better as you can make it do what you need it to do. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

I would recommend looking @ building your own JCR Extraction tool using JCR API and then write app logic to read the data and do what you need to do to meet your business requirements. We have written many extraction tools using the JCR API and I find it much better as you can make it do what you need it to do.