Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Query - AEM Social Login configuration

Level 1

Hi,

I was recently configuring AEM to connect to Facebook and Twitter and discovered some configuration parameters whose functions aren't detailed in the documents. I would like to ask the experts here if they can provide some information on that,

In Facebook connect config - Friend Permission, Extended Permission and URL parameter tabs

In Twitter connect config - URL parameters tab

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

For FB: 

Extended Permissions:- Extended Permissions give access to more sensitive information and give your app the ability to publish and delete data.

User/Friend Permission :- If you need to access few things about User/Friend

Check the FB developer API documentation to know better about them.

Twitter:-

URL parameters: dev.twitter.com/web/tweet-button/web-intent 

We can Add Query parameter to it easy for your site visitors to compose and post a Tweet to his or her audience from a link or child window of your webpage. Publishers may pre-populate Tweet text and hashtags, pass a URL, and identify Twitter accounts related to the page.

I hope this would help you. I will also pink Documentation team to further help you in this.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

For FB: 

Extended Permissions:- Extended Permissions give access to more sensitive information and give your app the ability to publish and delete data.

We can Add Query parameter to it easy for your site visitors to compose and post a Tweet to his or her audience from a link or child window of your webpage. Publishers may pre-populate Tweet text and hashtags, pass a URL, and identify Twitter accounts related to the page.

I hope this would help you. I will also pink Documentation team to further help you in this.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

kautuksahni wrote...

Hi 

For FB: 

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Thanks for the info.

Level 9

Hi Naveen,

If you're using AEM 6.2 or AEM 6.1, the next release of the Communities feature pack (FP1 for AEM 6.2 and FP5 for AEM 6.1)  has improvements for social login and the documentation to go with it.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/administer/communities/social-login.html

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/communities/social-login.html

- JK