Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Build package programmatically

Level 4

Hello,

I am able to assemble a package using the JcrPackageManager assemble method, however in the package manager I get the package definition and the filters, but the package itself needs to be built. I am sure there should be a way, since it is possible via the HTTP interface using curl.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Found the issue, I was calling:

assemble(JcrPackageDefinition definition, ProgressTrackerListener listener, java.io.OutputStream out)

But that writes the file to the output stream requiring therefore an additional build step. The solution was to invoke:

assemble(JcrPackage pack, ProgressTrackerListener listener)

Thanks all for your time.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 4

Exactly, I forgot to mention that I did check documentation but I didn't found a method there, still, there should be a such API functionality that builds packages.

Level 10

I will double check with the team tomorrow - however - i believe they did mention in past you still needed to manually build.

Community Advisor

Here is what you need to do:

• Get  com.day.jcr.vault.packaging.Packaging reference injection in your service.
    • Packaging API will get you access to JCRPackageManager i.e. - packaging.getPackageManager(session);
  • Now using PackageManager you can set conflict resolution policy, package name, group, version and package filters.

Below is the sample code:

final JcrPackageManager jcrPackageManager = packaging.getPackageManager(session); if (ConflictResolution.Replace.equals(conflictResolution)) { this.removePackage(jcrPackageManager, groupName, name, version); } else if (ConflictResolution.IncrementVersion.equals(conflictResolution)) { version = this.getNextVersion(jcrPackageManager, groupName, name, version).toString(); } final JcrPackage jcrPackage = jcrPackageManager.create(groupName, name, version); final JcrPackageDefinition jcrPackageDefinition = jcrPackage.getDefinition(); final DefaultWorkspaceFilter workspaceFilter = new DefaultWorkspaceFilter(); for (final PathFilterSet pathFilterSet : pathFilterSets) { workspaceFilter.add(pathFilterSet); } jcrPackageDefinition.setFilter(workspaceFilter, true); for (final Map.Entry<String, String> entry : packageDefinitionProperties.entrySet()) { jcrPackageDefinition.set(entry.getKey(), entry.getValue(), false); } session.save(); ProgressTrackerListener listener = new DefaultProgressListener(); try { jcrPackageManager.assemble(jcrPackage,listener); } catch (PackageException e) { e.printStackTrace(); }

jcrPackageManager.assemble(jcrPackage,listener);  is the method that build the package based on filter paths. You can also have a listener that will listen to package creation events and do further processing once package is created/built.

You will deal with following APIs when going the programmatic route for package creation.

com.day.cq.commons.jcr.JcrUtil com.day.jcr.vault.fs.api.PathFilterSet com.day.jcr.vault.fs.api.ProgressTrackerListener com.day.jcr.vault.fs.config.DefaultWorkspaceFilter com.day.jcr.vault.fs.io.ImportOptions com.day.jcr.vault.packaging.JcrPackage com.day.jcr.vault.packaging.JcrPackageDefinition com.day.jcr.vault.packaging.JcrPackageManager com.day.jcr.vault.packaging.PackageException com.day.jcr.vault.packaging.PackageId com.day.jcr.vault.packaging.Packaging com.day.jcr.vault.packaging.Version com.day.jcr.vault.util.DefaultProgressListener

Hope this helps.

- Runal

Level 4

ronnyfm wrote...

Hello,

I am able to assemble a package using the JcrPackageManager assemble method, however in the package manager I get the package definition and the filters, but the package itself needs to be built. I am sure there should be a way, since it is possible via the HTTP interface using curl.

Thanks.

Hi,

Refer below url-

http://aemtips.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/some-of-common-curl-commands-to-work.html

Regards

Ankur

Level 4

Thanks, that is what I said, I am invoking assemble, but the package needs to be build either manually or via curl. I get the same result that appears for example in this image  found in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/dynamic_aem_packages.html

Package definition is OK, but still needs to be built. I want to know how to code that, not via curl, in order to have the package ready to download.

Level 4

Thank you, I know how to do it with curl, but I want to know how to do it with the Packaging API.

Administrator

See this :- https://gist.github.com/mak18ah/b695beef449e0f29c802  (Not tested)

// package manager example

You may also use Java API to manage packages. Start with this OSGi service: com.day.jcr.vault.packaging.Packaging.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

HI Kautuk,

The link that you provided does not work anymore. 

By any chance could you point me to the updated document?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prateek

Correct answer by
Level 4

Found the issue, I was calling:

assemble(JcrPackageDefinition definition, ProgressTrackerListener listener, java.io.OutputStream out)

But that writes the file to the output stream requiring therefore an additional build step. The solution was to invoke:

assemble(JcrPackage pack, ProgressTrackerListener listener)

Thanks all for your time.

Level 1

Hello,

JcrPackageManager.create will creates the package. You need to pass packagegroupname and packagename  as the parameters for create method.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mahi