Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Blueprint - copy to upper environment

Level 7

I'm just moving content via content packages to an upper environment.

I was assuming that if I moved the content containing the blue print and live copies

in one or more packages via the normal Package Mgr, all would work fine on the upper environment ?

Or is there more I should worry about ? If I go to Site tools, I find a Blueprint config that identifies the source page.  Will I just recreate this on the Upper environment or is there more I should do ?

thanks

Fiona

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @fionas76543059 ,

Have you deployed the blueprint through code? If not please add msm in your ui.apps folder under apps and add this filter in ui.apps filter

<filter root="/apps/msm/your-site-blueprint" mode="merge"/>

And I believe your issue will be resolved.

Hope this helps!!!
Thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 1

What are you seeing? Are there errors?. What does the MSM control center tell you? Version?

Level 7

thanks sergiod, I tried it out on another environment and observed the following.

* If I exported a package with the blueprints and some livecopies, then they imported fine into the other environment. If I opened a livecopy page, I could see the Live Copy tab. If I opened the Blueprint page I could not see the Blueprint tab.

Then I went to Tools -> Site -> Blueprints and recreated the Blueprint configuration. (Because I don't know if/how I can include this in the package.)

Then it all worked fine.

So I will just tell the client to recreate the Blueprint config manually as it is a simple job anyway!   (Unless you know what filter path I use to include it in the package also)

Community Advisor

As @Bimmi_Soi mentioned below, add the msm configurations to your project source code filters and deploy the code. If you cannot add it to the codebase, then include the below filter to your content package too. It should work fine.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @fionas76543059 ,

Have you deployed the blueprint through code? If not please add msm in your ui.apps folder under apps and add this filter in ui.apps filter

<filter root="/apps/msm/your-site-blueprint" mode="merge"/>

And I believe your issue will be resolved.

Hope this helps!!!
Thanks