Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Best practice to handle Touch UI dialog field validation

Level 4

In classic UI dialog, you would write a JavaScript function for dialog before/after submitting an event. How do we the same in touch in correct way?

1. Jquery based validator. (I read out that this jQuery based validator is deprecated starting in AEM 6.2. Is that true?)
2. Foundation validation validator

Which one is the recommended one? Any document from Adobe on how to handle field validation?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Anderson_Hamer Please refer to below URL for recommended approach for Touch UI Dialog validation.

https://blogs.perficient.com/2017/11/06/aem-touch-ui-dialog-validation-new-best-practice-use-foundat...

Level 4
Thanks Bhuwan. I had already read above article. it is 3.5 years old document just want to know what is the current trend. Someone says Query based validator is deprecated. Can we start validate dialog fields using jQuery? Can you tell what is difference between jQuery validation and foundation-validation?

Community Advisor
Latest trend is to use Foundation Validation (The one which I have pointed). jQuery-based validator is deprecated starting in AEM 6.2.