Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Automate Catalog Blueprint Rollout

Level 2

Hi,

We have a requirement where in once the products are imported under /etc/commerce/products/xxx, creation of category and product pages has to be automated. 

AEM provides Catalog Blueprints where we have to manually structure the categories, map the templates, clientlibraries, tags etc., and when we click on "Create Catalog" button manually AEM will create the appropriate pages.

Instead this manual process, is there any API provided by AEM to create catalog/rollout catalog changes to generate/update pages.

Thanks,

Divya

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Divya,

There is no such API's available in AEM which can solve your problem. You need to create custom tools in order to achieve creating catalog template, blueprint & product pages automatically (Through the API).

I do have these tools for one of my project. May not be as generic as you want, However, things are easier when you use them.

Let me know review those stuff again. 

Jitendra

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Yes you can call MSM API to roll out pages programmatically. 

RolloutManagaer has method for rollout - https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/ref/javadoc/com/day/cq/wcm/msm/api/RolloutManager.html

Example-

Page masterPage = pageManager.getPage(path); //source page RolloutManager.RolloutParams params = new RolloutManager.RolloutParams(); params.master = masterPage; params.isDeep = true; params.rolloutProgress = true; //rolloutmanager is an OSGI service rolloutManager.rollout(params);

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Divya,

There is no such API's available in AEM which can solve your problem. You need to create custom tools in order to achieve creating catalog template, blueprint & product pages automatically (Through the API).

I do have these tools for one of my project. May not be as generic as you want, However, things are easier when you use them.

Let me know review those stuff again. 

Jitendra

Level 9

Divya,

The tool is not separated from the actual project code. I might need time to make it a separate package.

Jitendra

Level 2
Hi Jitendra, I do have a similar requirement. Could you please share the packages.

Level 2

Thanks a lot Jitendra! smiley

Please attach the package to this thread.

Level 1

Hi Jitendra.

Did you finished the package? I am making a project with AEM and have the same requirements as Divya.

If you can help we would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Carlos

Level 1

You should take a look at the Commerce API. When the Blueprint templates are in place, you could make use of the CatalogGenerator to generate the product pages.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/ref/javadoc/com/adobe/cq/commerce/pim/api/CatalogGene...