Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Auto delete/deactivate page

Level 3

I'm working on enhancing an existing ecommerce page. The product is created using scaffolding, a page is created and the product is imported into the page. One of the product parameters is a sale date. The client wants the product and the page to be automatically deactivated and deleted when the sale date has passed. Is this possible? I've attached a screenshot of the product creation page

aem.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

jamesm77050123

I think may be you can solve this issue by using a scheduler you can solve this issue. Run the scheduler every night and check for the product's sale date against current date and deactivate those which are expired. I am pasting few links from www below,

Apache Sling :: Scheduler Service (commons scheduler)

https://hashimkhan.in/aem-adobecq5-code-templates/scheduler/

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Scheduling Adobe Experience Manager Jobs using Apache Sling

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear James,

Deactivate later is OOTB functionality present in AEM.

Delete after deactivate is not OOTB and would require a customisation.

This customisation can be achieved using AEM Workflow system.

Regards,

Peter

Employee

OOTB a page deletion on an AEM author also unpublishing the page. You can easily build your solution by using workflows:

Request for Deactivation - /etc/workflow/models/request_for_deactivation

Request for Deletion - /etc/workflow/models/request_for_deletion

Level 10

As Peter and Leo point out - the solution here is using Workflows.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

jamesm77050123

I think may be you can solve this issue by using a scheduler you can solve this issue. Run the scheduler every night and check for the product's sale date against current date and deactivate those which are expired. I am pasting few links from www below,

Apache Sling :: Scheduler Service (commons scheduler)

https://hashimkhan.in/aem-adobecq5-code-templates/scheduler/

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Scheduling Adobe Experience Manager Jobs using Apache Sling