Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Auto create a Teaser component from a page

Level 1

How can I automate the creation of a Teaser component from a page (and from other components)? I'm thinking this is actually a rendition of a page. Is there such a concept? If not, how do I associate the Teaser with the page?

Thank you!

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Cogence,

Teaser is just an JCR resource, write some Java code to interact with JCR Structure and create your Teaser's.

Would be interesting to see where you can get if your comany has access to like's of Sensei.

Regards,

Peter

Level 1

Thank you for your answer, Peter, but Sensei isn't what I would be looking for at all.

I have pages. We are building out page components, but we are still very page-centric as this is a "lift-and-shift" migration of an olde Interwoven system that was very page centric -- and very much custom page centric.

The out-of-the-box (OOB) AEM teaser component is

• link
  • title
  • description
  • image (optional)

We would extend that to add PublishDate and BusinessDomain as optional display.

Note that all of the elements of a teaser component are a subset of every kind of page and probably most other content components either OOB or that we would create.

What I want is that ever time a page or content component is created, I have a teaser component automatically. I even considered this as a rendition of a page or a view on a page. Then, when adding content to home or landing pages, I can just search new teasers and drag-and-drop the teaser onto the page.

Is that more clear?

Thank you.

Level 10

Do you mean when you create a page - you want the system to automatically create a teaser?

Level 10

I am not sure that a Teaser component can be automatically generated. It needs detail that a developer should code. See this KB for more information on Teaser components -- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Teaser Component

Level 1

Yes, that is exactly what I want to do. (Just getting back to this.) I have been looking at content fragments and experience fragments, too.

I'm surprised that this isn't an OOB capability. Look at everyone's web sites, intranets anyway, for large corporations. L0 & L1 pages are strictly links and teasers to the rich content at L2+. So, when I create my content rich page, as an experience fragment (though I like the fact that content fragments have models and can be saved as experience fragments -- though mostly reading and not coding so far), I want to be able to select it as a component of a Lo or L1 page and have it act like a Teaser where Titled link is a given and then description, associated image, author, and publish date are all optionally displayed.

Thank y'all for your suggestions. Hopefully I can try coding this my fragment w/teaser this weekend. I'm finding it painful watching what dev is doing -- and thinking of all the repetitious future author work.

Level 10

Hi,

I agree with Scott. Teaser component cannot be automatically generated. Either you need to include in the template level.

It required java code and it should be coded. It cannot be automatically generated.

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 1

Ratna, could you give me a starting point for understanding how I would build this into a template? Would it just be multiple ways to render the template's content? Not unlike the Teaser which optionally may display its various elements?

Administrator

You can create a custom Component and can pull the information from JCR properties VIA HTL.

Assuming for each page you would be able to have different properties.

Also, partially Content fragment and Experience Fragment can help you in our case.

Content Fragment:- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using Content Fragments in AEM

Experience Fragment:- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using AEM Experience Fragments

Kautuk Sahni