Expand my Community achievements bar.

Assets not accessible through browse option

Level 8

Hi,

when image is added directly to a page through browse option from a computer, it's not rendered on a page. It works if the image is added from the DAM.

Can anyone help me.

10 Replies

Employee

Is it a custom component that you are using to render image or core component? When you use image from Dam - its reference is stored in the property called fileReference but if you browse and drop image from local system - it creates a file node with binary.  

If custom component , you can refer teaser/image component to ensure correct rendering.

Level 8

I have a custom component 'image' it just has cq:editConfig node and no other implementation and its resource super type is core/wcm/components/image/v3/image

Vani1012_0-1674452386726.png

Employee

@Vani1012 : can you try to upload same image from dam as well as  from your local i.e  same name and type , extn?

Also , are you able to upload in both ways and you can see the file node in crxde like below when uploaded from local system?Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 11.01.44 AM.png

Level 8

I am not able to upload through browse option, then how can I add,

I am able to upload through dam.

Employee

Hi @Vani1012  , before you browse for image make sure to uncheck this 'inherit' box for description , then browse for asset and add alt text. This seems to be an issue in hide behaviour. Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 1.58.37 PM.png

Level 8

I have unchecked inherit from description asset and added alt text even after that also the image isnt visible on page.
Is there any template issue?

Vani1012_0-1674474151860.png

Employee

Is it happening on a specific env ? Install wknd reference package and check if you can reproduce the issue on wknd.

https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd/releases

I am unable to reproduce the issue on my local cloud with image v3 core component on wknd reference site.

Are you able to upload the image from local system and see file node added in crxde ? is the issue only in rendering ? can you do view source and verify it's not the css issue.

Level 8

I also not able to reproduce the issue on local,

its on test, stage environments.

Q:Are you able to upload the image from local system and see file node added in crxde

A:Yes am able to upload the image from local system and  file node added in crxde,. its not rendering on page

How to check css issue with page source I dint get you.

Employee

I would suggest to install wknd package and check if you are able to replicate issue on wknd site on test env.

If yes, it must be an issue with your cstom component. 

You can view source and see if you see image html. Also check image component policy on template 'width section'Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 8.15.32 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-01-23 at 8.11.57 PM.png

Level 8

There is no  image component policy on template 'width section'

I am not able to reproduce this issue on wknd site on test env.

I didnt see image html code on view page source. May be I dont get it because the image isn't  rendering on page na?