Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Assets do not index filename

Level 6

Hi,

Is this possible to do not index the filename of the Asset?

The customer do not want to retrieve assets by their filenames.

Would it be possible?

I know I can exclude a property from be indexed, but didn't see anything about this.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Please have a look at this documentation link :-

//Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/platform/queries-and-indexing.html

Configuring the indexes

Indexes are configured as nodes in the repository under the oak:index node.

The type of the index node must be oak:QueryIndexDefinition. Several configuration options are available for each indexer as node properties. For more information, see the configuration details for each indexer type below.

THE PROPERTY INDEX

The Property Index is generally useful for queries that have property constraints but are not full-text. It can be configured by following the below procedure:

• Create a new node under oak:index

• Name the node PropertyIndex, and set the node type to oak:QueryIndexDefinition

•  

Set the following properties for the new node:

• type: property (of type String)
    • propertyNames: jcr:uuid (of type Name)

This particular example will index the jcr:uuid property, whose job is to expose the universally unique idetifier (UUID) of the node it is attached to.

• Save the changes.

The Property Index has the following configuration options:

• The type property will specify the type of index, and in this case it must be set to property
    • The propertyNames property indicates the list of the properties that will be stored in the index. In case it is missing, the node name will be used as a property name reference value. In this example, the jcr:uuid property whose job is to expose the unique identifier (UUID) of its node is added to the index.
    • The unique flag which, if set to true adds a uniqueness constraint on the property index.
    • The declaringNodeTypes propery allows you to specify a certain node type that the index will only apply to.
    • The reindex flag which if set to true, will trigger a full content reindex.

I hope this would act as some help to you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

which version of AEM are you using ??

when you say do not want to retrieve assets by filenames - Is it via search in author instance ? that will do a full text search. Indexes would just help in searching faster and by removing the indexes doesnt mean to hide from searching.

Level 6

Hi @bsloki,

I am using  6.1. 

I see your point. In this case if it is not possible I will check with the users.

Thanks

Correct answer by
    Administrator

Please have a look at this documentation link :-

//Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/platform/queries-and-indexing.html

Configuring the indexes

Indexes are configured as nodes in the repository under the oak:index node.

The type of the index node must be oak:QueryIndexDefinition. Several configuration options are available for each indexer as node properties. For more information, see the configuration details for each indexer type below.

THE PROPERTY INDEX

The Property Index is generally useful for queries that have property constraints but are not full-text. It can be configured by following the below procedure:

• Create a new node under oak:index

• Name the node PropertyIndex, and set the node type to oak:QueryIndexDefinition

•  

Set the following properties for the new node:

• type: property (of type String)
      • propertyNames: jcr:uuid (of type Name)

This particular example will index the jcr:uuid property, whose job is to expose the universally unique idetifier (UUID) of the node it is attached to.

• Save the changes.

The Property Index has the following configuration options:

• The type property will specify the type of index, and in this case it must be set to property
      • The propertyNames property indicates the list of the properties that will be stored in the index. In case it is missing, the node name will be used as a property name reference value. In this example, the jcr:uuid property whose job is to expose the unique identifier (UUID) of its node is added to the index.
      • The unique flag which, if set to true adds a uniqueness constraint on the property index.
      • The declaringNodeTypes propery allows you to specify a certain node type that the index will only apply to.
      • The reindex flag which if set to true, will trigger a full content reindex.

I hope this would act as some help to you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 6

Hi Kautuk,

Thanks for your reply.

I saw this documentation. Do you know what would be the property name I would need to configure for this?

As I could see the filename is the node name in JCR I didn't find How to disable this to be indexed.

Thanks