Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Asset uploaded in DAM are not published in Scene7.

Level 6

I have configured Dynamic Media in my local and uploaded some images in DAM. DAM Asset Update workflow is triggered and all images are uploaded in Scene7 successfully. But these images are not published in Scene7. I can see dam:scene7FileStatus as PublishIncomplete. I had to login into Scene7 classic and manually publish them.

Is it always manual publish in Scene7 or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance

@arunpatidar @kautuk_sahni @Jörg_Hoh 

Swapnil

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

There is an option in Dynamic Media configuration when the image should be published in scene7. Whether on upload immediately or upon activation if image. If yo u select immediately the image should publish in scene7 on upload. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 9.13.20 AM.png

If problem still exists, check your access in Scene7 (whether you have publishing permissions) and please share the version of AEM you are using.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

Any assets that you upload into Dynamic Media Classic are automatically marked for publishing.

You have other configs to schedule publish, which you can refer in below document

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/dynamic-media-classic/using/upload-publish/publishing-files.h...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

There is an option in Dynamic Media configuration when the image should be published in scene7. Whether on upload immediately or upon activation if image. If yo u select immediately the image should publish in scene7 on upload. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 9.13.20 AM.png

If problem still exists, check your access in Scene7 (whether you have publishing permissions) and please share the version of AEM you are using.

Level 6

Thank you Ravi for pointing this out. Yes in my case its set to "Upon Activation". So I published an asset but I am getting below error.

19.05.2020 22:14:43.775 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1589906681951] GET /assetdetails.html/content/dam/path/to/folder/asset.PNG HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.dam.scene7.impl.Scene7ServiceImpl Unable to get Scene7 publish url

19.05.2020 22:14:45.189 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1589906685175] GET /is/image/SearsTransformstage/asset HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.dam.s7imaging.impl.ps.forwarder.ForwardRequestHandlerFactory Unable to forward request for root ID: [SearsTransformstage], no preview server defined for [SearsTransformstage]

I am on 6.5.

Community Advisor
Hi , Can you go to your .m2 repo in your local and check the jar file present under com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-scene7 (version based on the version loading in your local instance). Decompile the file and check the code in Scene7ServiceImpl to see where the exception is throwing which will give some lead to the issue.