Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Asset replication to production from development in AEM as Cloud Service!

Level 6

How to replicate assets to production environments from development environment in AEM as cloud service! Is it possible to add replication agents in dev or does it require to replicate package!!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

In AEM Cloud Service, content is published using Sling Content Distribution to move the content to replicate to a pipeline service run on Adobe I/O that is outside of the AEM runtime.

The replication agents used in previous versions of AEM are no longer used or provided. You can check [0] for more details.

[0]: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-cloud-service/operations/replication.html

Methods of Publishing Content

Quick Un/Publish - Planned Un/Publish
These standard AEM functionalities for the authors do not change with AEM Cloud Service.
Tree Activation
To perform a tree activation:
  1. From the AEM Start Menu navigate to Tools > Deployment > Distribution
  2. Select the card forwardPublisher
  3. Once in the forwardPublisher Web console UI, select Distribute Capture.JPG

4. Select the path in the path browser, choose to add a node, tree or delete as required and select Submit

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

In AEM Cloud Service, content is published using Sling Content Distribution to move the content to replicate to a pipeline service run on Adobe I/O that is outside of the AEM runtime.

The replication agents used in previous versions of AEM are no longer used or provided. You can check [0] for more details.

[0]: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-cloud-service/operations/replication.html

Methods of Publishing Content

Quick Un/Publish - Planned Un/Publish
These standard AEM functionalities for the authors do not change with AEM Cloud Service.
Tree Activation
To perform a tree activation:
  1. From the AEM Start Menu navigate to Tools > Deployment > Distribution
  2. Select the card forwardPublisher
  3. Once in the forwardPublisher Web console UI, select Distribute Capture.JPG

4. Select the path in the path browser, choose to add a node, tree or delete as required and select Submit

Level 6

Hi, one question though. This method publishes to publish instances only right! What if I need to replicate assets to production from dev! I tried the tree activation for the asset folder, but aint getting deployed to prod.

Employee Advisor

Hi @jezwn As Vaishali mentioned, the replication part has changed from replication agents to SCD. Also, to move the content from dev to prod, you might be using packages only in past as well. So here you can create the package from DEV and deploy it to Prod via pipeline. For environments above DEV, every deployment shall go through the pipelines.

Let us know in case you have any confusion.

Level 6
Hi, so in the case of assets I need to package it right, I was expected to have some actions for that in cloud, that's the confusion was about. How to deploy the package via the pipeline!

Employee Advisor
You can push the package to git provisioned under /apps/system/install, the structure would be somewhat <project>/ui.apps/src/main/content/jcr_root/apps/system/install

Level 6

Besides that is there any mechanism for centralized asset management! How to work it out with Adobe Experience Cloud Assets!

Community Advisor

Did you tried, AEM Desktop App? we had migrated 2000 assets using this app in AEMCaaS, so I can say it works with AEMCaaS, https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-desktop-app/using/using.html

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor
@Deleted Account what is my assets are in TBs? Will this desktop app supports?