Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Asset/Page expiration alerts in AEM

Level 5

Is there any feature of Page/Asset expiration alerts in AEM/DAM.?

Example if my page/asset is going to expire in 3 days a group or a user is need to be notified with the respective date some days earlier.

Thanks,

KK

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

I am not aware of any OOTB, but you can write a custom service that uses API:-

Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/javadoc/com/day/cq/dam/commons/util/DamUtil.html

findExpiringAssets(Session session, Calendar lowerBound, Calendar upperBound) 
          Find all dam assets which are getting expired between lowerBound and upperBound.

Option 2:-

Please have a look at this documentation: -

Link: - https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/author/assets/managing-assets-touch-ui/drm.html#Search expired assets

//Here you can get alert via email

To enable the Assets console to display the referencing compound assets along with the expired subassets, configure an Adobe CQ DAM Expiry Notification workflow in AEM Configuration Manager.

• From the Rail, select Tools Web Console to display AEM Configuration Manager. 

• Choose Adobe CQ DAM Expiry Notification. By default, Time based Scheduler is selected, which schedules a job to check at a specific time whether an asset has expired subassets. After the job completes, assets that have expired subassets and referenced assets are displayed as expired in search results.

file
  • To run the job periodically, clear the Time Based Scheduler Rule field and modify the time in seconds in the Periodic Scheduler field. For example, the example expression '0 0 0 * * ?' triggers the job at 00 hrs.

• Select send email to receive emails when an asset expires.

I hope this would helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

Not pretty sure, if there is an OOTB feature.

However, a custom scheduler can be written which will check for the same and notify an email distribution list.

Correct answer by
    Administrator

Hi 

I am not aware of any OOTB, but you can write a custom service that uses API:-

Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/javadoc/com/day/cq/dam/commons/util/DamUtil.html

findExpiringAssets(Session session, Calendar lowerBound, Calendar upperBound) 
              Find all dam assets which are getting expired between lowerBound and upperBound.

Option 2:-

Please have a look at this documentation: -

Link: - https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/author/assets/managing-assets-touch-ui/drm.html#Search expired assets

//Here you can get alert via email

To enable the Assets console to display the referencing compound assets along with the expired subassets, configure an Adobe CQ DAM Expiry Notification workflow in AEM Configuration Manager.

• From the Rail, select Tools Web Console to display AEM Configuration Manager. 

• Choose Adobe CQ DAM Expiry Notification. By default, Time based Scheduler is selected, which schedules a job to check at a specific time whether an asset has expired subassets. After the job completes, assets that have expired subassets and referenced assets are displayed as expired in search results.

file
    • To run the job periodically, clear the Time Based Scheduler Rule field and modify the time in seconds in the Periodic Scheduler field. For example, the example expression '0 0 0 * * ?' triggers the job at 00 hrs.

• Select send email to receive emails when an asset expires.

I hope this would helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

Thanks Kautuk Sahni,

The document also states that only the asset creator is going to get notified, Am looking for a business case where a page/asset expiry notifications for a groups which will have only set of DAM Assets folder access. (i.e. Many to Many relationship between the page/asset paths to the group of users)

Level 3

Kkkrish wrote...

Thanks Kautuk Sahni,

The document also states that only the asset creator is going to get notified, Am looking for a business case where a page/asset expiry notifications for a groups which will have only set of DAM Assets folder access. (i.e. Many to Many relationship between the page/asset paths to the group of users)

Krish, we have a similar requirement, wanted to know if you were able to solve this? We are thinking of developing a custom program that will be scheduled to run periodically.

Level 2

It seems there is nothing OOTB, only a custom scheduled job is the option to solve this problem.