Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Asset name with spaces

Level 1

Can I upload any asset name with spaces? Would this cause any problems?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It should be okay. However, there were few issues identified because of the space present in the asset name, but those fixes are backported to 6.4 and 6.5.

Regards,

Vishu

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 1

For instance, if the asste name is "abc def.png", Is this okay to upload as is, or should I be changing the name?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It should be okay. However, there were few issues identified because of the space present in the asset name, but those fixes are backported to 6.4 and 6.5.

Regards,

Vishu

Level 1

Does this mean I need install any service packs?

Employee Advisor

What is your AEM version?

It is recommended to be always on the latest service pack to avoid running into known issues.

Level 1

We are on 6.4.4. However I am worried about any indexing challenges we might get with it.

We ran into a recent issue of resource resolver and Externalizer being used in the same code and they are encoding the path twice. So "abc def.png" is becoming "abc%2520def.png" instead of "abc%20def.png". Do you think that is an issue with code or could possibly be because of the spaces?

Note : We have a lot of assets with spaces? Should we consider renaming them?

Employee

You can have assets with spaces in their names.

As far as %2520 is concerned,

The common space character is encoded as %20 . The % character is encoded as %25.

The way you get %2520 is when your url already has a %20 in it, and gets urlencoded again, which transforms the %20 to %2520.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16084935/a-html-space-is-showing-as-2520-instead-of-20

As Vish.dhaliwal recommended, you should install latest SP to avoid running into known issues. You can find it here:

AEM 6.4 Service Pack Release Notes