Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

asset.getRendition() is giving Dynamic Media error

Level 5

Hi

While trying to get asset renditions we are getting below exception, we have Dynamic Media configured

26.06.2024 10:43:26.737 *ERROR* [136.226.245.102 [1719398606600] GET /bin/abc/querybuilder.json HTTP/1.1] com.core.aem.querybuilder.servlet.QueryBuilderJsonServlet Error running query
com.day.cq.dam.scene7.api.model.IpsApiException: com.adobe.granite.crypto.CryptoException: Cannot convert byte data
at com.day.cq.dam.scene7.impl.Scene7APIClientImpl.makeRequest(Scene7APIClientImpl.java:342) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-scene7-core:5.12.250]
at com.day.cq.dam.scene7.impl.Scene7APIClientImpl.getSecureISAuthToken(Scene7APIClientImpl.java:2229) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-scene7-core:5.12.250]
at com.day.cq.dam.scene7.impl.Scene7ServiceImpl.getAndStoreSecureISAuthToken(Scene7ServiceImpl.java:2387) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-scene7-core:5.12.250]
at com.day.cq.dam.scene7.impl.ImageUrlApiImpl.getImageServerPreviewToken(ImageUrlApiImpl.java:138) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-scene7-core:5.12.250]
at com.adobe.cq.dam.s7imaging.impl.ps.rendition.DynamicMediaRenditionHandler.requestUrl(DynamicMediaRenditionHandler.java:82) [com.adobe.cq.dam.cq-scene7-imaging:1.6.66.CQ650-B0060]
at com.adobe.cq.dam.s7imaging.impl.ps.rendition.RemoteRenditionHandler.renditionDataProvider(RemoteRenditionHandler.java:51) [com.adobe.cq.dam.cq-scene7-imaging:1.6.66.CQ650-B0060]
at com.adobe.cq.dam.s7imaging.impl.ps.rendition.CustomRenditionHandler.getRendition(CustomRenditionHandler.java:61) [com.adobe.cq.dam.cq-scene7-imaging:1.6.66.CQ650-B0060]
at com.adobe.granite.asset.core.impl.RenditionUtils.getRendition(RenditionUtils.java:94) [com.adobe.granite.asset.core:2.2.64.CQ650-B0003]
at com.adobe.granite.asset.core.impl.AssetWrapper.getRendition(AssetWrapper.java:258) [com.adobe.granite.asset.core:2.2.64.CQ650-B0003]
at com.adobe.granite.asset.core.impl.AssetImpl.getRendition(AssetImpl.java:178) [com.adobe.granite.asset.core:2.2.64.CQ650-B0003]
at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.AssetImpl.getRendition(AssetImpl.java:238) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.12.366]
at com.core.aem.querybuilder.servlet.QueryBuilderJsonServlet.doGet(QueryBuilderJsonServlet.java:350)
at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:266) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0.B002]
at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:137) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0.B002]
at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:342) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0.B002]
at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:374) [org.apache.sling.api:2.22.0.B002]

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @srikanthpogula 

No i was not talking about publishing the DM Config but was more onto whether you packaged this node (/conf/global/settings/cloudconfigs/dmscene7) from any other lower authoring environment and using here or made a fresh configuration on this particular authoring instance which you are running.

I Would suggest you trying to remove the configuration and create it one more time on the same instance and also make sure you don't have any duplicate config in your instance. Please do a crx search and verify and remove all and create a new config and retry.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

This is failing for videos only, for images this error does not occur. Also we do not see this issue in author.

Any inputs on this are highly appreciated.

Level 9

Hi @srikanthpogula 

Can you please check the below thread and see if you are good with the keys 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/many-occurence-of-quot-can...

In case of DM when is tries to connect to the DM Cloud it will try to get the token based on the S7Config provided and in this case probably when it tries to decrypt its not getting decrypted with the same key with which it was encrypted thus can cause this issue. If you have packages scene7 config from any other instance try to delete the config and reconfigure the same and try .

Level 5

Hi @sherinregi 

Thanks for your response but we did not publish DM cloud service configuration to publish instances.

Level 5

Hi @sherinregi 

I just noticed that DM configuration exists in publish but I do not remember explicitly publishing it.

Should I delete the DM config node(/conf/global/settings/cloudconfigs/dmscene7) from publishers and then check it?

Is it necessary to publish the DM configuration? I was under the assumption that it is needed only in author instance so that assets can be published to DM server and once metadata with scene7 properties is written on asset we just need to publish the image. Please correct if this understanding is wrong.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @srikanthpogula 

No i was not talking about publishing the DM Config but was more onto whether you packaged this node (/conf/global/settings/cloudconfigs/dmscene7) from any other lower authoring environment and using here or made a fresh configuration on this particular authoring instance which you are running.

I Would suggest you trying to remove the configuration and create it one more time on the same instance and also make sure you don't have any duplicate config in your instance. Please do a crx search and verify and remove all and create a new config and retry.

Level 5

Hi @sherinregi 

Removing the DM cloud config from publishers seems to have solved the issue, we are monitoring if it is permanently fixed or not because the issue was resolved briefly when we click on Connect to Dynamic Media button on DM Cloud config and after a certain time, the issue re-occurred.

We made a fresh DM cloud configuration in Production did not move the package from lower environments and we did not publish the configuration explicitly but not sure how the config was available in publish instances, may be it was published along with an asset which was published.