Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Asset Editing Privileges for Authors

Level 2

Hi Folks,

I recently ran into a strange situation. We are leveraging AEM for use as a DAM. One use-case is where we upload images to AEM.

As an admin, I can upload an image. I can then double-click the JPG, edit all the fields, and save.

But I've received a complaint from authors - they too can upload JPG images, but when they open/double-click the image, they don't see the same thing that I do. Instead of a full window to edit properties, they see an "Asset Properties" window where they can at most edit the Title and description.

But here's whats most strange - when I impersonate an author, I am still able to edit all the fields associated with the asset, as I had been able to as an admin.

What could be happening here? I think its a privileges issue, but then shouldn't I see the same issue that authors see when I impersonate them?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I tried another thing after I posted this question - I created a dummy user, gave it content author privileges, logged in to my account using these dummy credentials, and tested again. But when I did that, it worked fine! I was able to edit the asset as desired.

So I wonder if this has anything to do with browser, network, VPN, or something along those lines.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

This sounds like a permission issue. See this doc:

Administering Assets

Setting up users - docs.adobe.com

Typically all users working with Assets should belong to a CUG whose permissions are the same.

Level 9

Hi @toshbot

Impersonating as author automatically have the permissions applied.  Since the behaviour is different compared to direct login against immpersonate. Sounds of enironment/infrastructure/browser issue.

• Check the browser version & its behaviour between yours & authors.
  • Verify the url like hitting instance directly Or going through webserver Or load balancer etc...
  • Verify HSTS settings in browser.

Thanks,

Correct answer by
Level 2

I tried another thing after I posted this question - I created a dummy user, gave it content author privileges, logged in to my account using these dummy credentials, and tested again. But when I did that, it worked fine! I was able to edit the asset as desired.

So I wonder if this has anything to do with browser, network, VPN, or something along those lines.