Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Asset Editing Privileges for Authors

Level 2

Hi Folks,

I recently ran into a strange situation. We are leveraging AEM for use as a DAM. One use-case is where we upload images to AEM.

As an admin, I can upload an image. I can then double-click the JPG, edit all the fields, and save.

But I've received a complaint from authors - they too can upload JPG images, but when they open/double-click the image, they don't see the same thing that I do. Instead of a full window to edit properties, they see an "Asset Properties" window where they can at most edit the Title and description.

But here's whats most strange - when I impersonate an author, I am still able to edit all the fields associated with the asset, as I had been able to as an admin.

What could be happening here? I think its a privileges issue, but then shouldn't I see the same issue that authors see when I impersonate them?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I tried another thing after I posted this question - I created a dummy user, gave it content author privileges, logged in to my account using these dummy credentials, and tested again. But when I did that, it worked fine! I was able to edit the asset as desired.

So I wonder if this has anything to do with browser, network, VPN, or something along those lines.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

This sounds like a permission issue. See this doc:

Administering Assets

Setting up users - docs.adobe.com

Typically all users working with Assets should belong to a CUG whose permissions are the same.

Level 9

Hi @toshbot

Impersonating as author automatically have the permissions applied.  Since the behaviour is different compared to direct login against immpersonate. Sounds of enironment/infrastructure/browser issue.

• Check the browser version & its behaviour between yours & authors.
  • Verify the url like hitting instance directly Or going through webserver Or load balancer etc...
  • Verify HSTS settings in browser.

Thanks,

Correct answer by
Level 2

I tried another thing after I posted this question - I created a dummy user, gave it content author privileges, logged in to my account using these dummy credentials, and tested again. But when I did that, it worked fine! I was able to edit the asset as desired.

So I wonder if this has anything to do with browser, network, VPN, or something along those lines.