Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

assest name change update

Level 1

I changed the name of the assest in DAM and published it, but the assest name is not getting updated in the page property where it is mentioned. Please let me know on how can we achieve it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @Gowtham2109 ,

How did you change the name of the asset? if it's done via crx/de, it will not update all the references.

Please use the move operation for changing the name of the asset and it will ask for confirmation to update the references while doing it.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/managing/manage-assets.html?lan...

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 12.18.21 PM.png

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @Gowtham2109 ,

How did you change the name of the asset? if it's done via crx/de, it will not update all the references.

Please use the move operation for changing the name of the asset and it will ask for confirmation to update the references while doing it.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/managing/manage-assets.html?lan...

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 12.18.21 PM.png

Thanks

Level 1

yes am doing like this, but then too after clicking on adjust also the page properties is not getting updated only the components which uses that link is getting updated.

can you see the page entry in moveassetwizard section just after selecting the destination folder? the page name & page path where that asset being used in the page property should display there.

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 1.02.20 PM.png

Level 1
Yes i could see the page but the value alone is not getting updated.

can you see any errors in the log ?

I have checked with the we-retail site and we-retail asset on local and it's working as expected.

example:

page: /content/we-retail/us/en/products/women/coats.html

page property used: redirect in Advanced tab

image used: /content/dam/we-retail/en/activities/biking/rocks-downhill.jpg

Level 1
Is there anything i need to check or like any settings changes need to be done? Because in some environments alone it is not working as expected