Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Apache sling error handling : No resource Found

Level 3

After i introduced sling error handling i.e /apps/sling/servlet/errorhandler/404.jsp in my project i 'm facing the below issue on author

When i open a page on author instance being a anonymous user , It takes me to no resource found page instead of log in page. below is the screenshot

1290409_pastedImage_0.png

If i log in via crxde and open the page it opens fine, Please let me know if someone has faced similar issue and know the solution.

I m using AEM 6.3 version and i have 404.jsp as well as 404 page in place. It works fine on local but it behaves as mentioned above on higher environments.

5 Replies

Level 3

I have followed the similar steps but the issue seems to be something else.

Level 3

You mentioned that it works if you login before (e.g. with CRXDE). So I assume that you don't handle properly in your 404 code the use case if someone is not logged in. You need to check the permissions and depending on  the result you'll need to redirect to the login page.

I would recommend to check the AEM default 404 handler code, there you will see all the different cases it handles.

Level 7

I agree.. custom 404 only appears after logging into author.. Otherwise user is always redirected to login page...

Level 1

As s temporary solution we changed

config.png

Not found Behavior and added all paths to the exclusions