Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Allowed Paths for Templates In AEM_6.3

Level 2

I have a folder structure inside the content as content/folderlevel1/folderlevel2/...........

I want to allow templates only under folderlevel2, it means user can create pages under folderlevel2.

So I gave allowedpaths for my template as /content/folderlevel1/folderlevel2(/.*)? 

I am able to create a page when I use coral button primary (Create), and if I see the url it is http://localhost:2468/sites.html/content/folderlevel1/folderlevel2 ,I am inside the Folderlevel2 so I am good to create page  and I have no problem with this.

The issue is when I selected folderlevel2, and click on create button (+Create) I am not able to create a page  and if i see the url it is http://localhost:2468/sites.html/content/folderlevel1 , although I selected folderlevel2, i am not inside the folderlevel2. I want to know why this is happening?

Please see the attached pictures for better understanding.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 1.04.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 1.05.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 1.05.36 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Kishore,

I agree with your statement and able to replicate the issue which you are getting.

Possibly you can raise a daycare ticket and report the issue.

Thanks,

Techaspect Solutions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 7

Hi Kishore,

I am able to create a page after selecting the folder using create button (+Create)as you mentioned.

Though the URL is not changing from 'folderlevel1' to 'folderlevel2', the functionality is working as expected and page is getting created with the given allowed path properties at my end.

I think it might be an aem bug as url is not changing even after selecting the folder.

Thanks,

Techaspect Solutions.

Level 2

Thanks for your Response.

I am not even able to see the option (Page) in drop down when I selected folderlevel2, please have a look at the picture.

Can you please conform there are no templates allowed after content, I mean no template should have allowed path as /content(/.*)?

Why I am saying this is because if you have at least one template allowed after content (/content(/.*)?), then that create page option is getting activated. So please check all of your templates and reply me.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Kishore,

I agree with your statement and able to replicate the issue which you are getting.

Possibly you can raise a daycare ticket and report the issue.

Thanks,

Techaspect Solutions.

Level 7

Just an observation.. it happens only level2 is a folder. If I have a page at level 2, then I can created under that hierarchy from both the options mentioned above..

Level 4

Has this question been answered? Can i create a page using editable templates directly under content, if yes how to configure it?