Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

a tag properties lowercased by default

Level 3

AEM has some logic behind the <a> tag in which all properties put inside are lowercased, E.g.

In a JSP file:

<a someProperty="value"></a>

gets processed and transformed into this:

<a someproperty="value"></a>

which makes some front-end frameworks not work properly.

I tested this in CQ5.6.1 and AEM6.3 so I guess this issue has been around for a while for more people than just me, although I could not find any help or article pointing out proper workaround.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I eventually found a workaround by implementing a Sling Rewriter. It might not be the best approach, but since I wasn't able to find an 'easy' way of doing this (I hoped to find some OSGi bundle config that allows to configure this) it is good enough for me.

Some links that helped:

java - AEM: links transform/rewrite in a page - Stack Overflow

Mastering the Sling Rewriter

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

Hi MC Stuff,

thanks for you reply. Are you sure sightly is the one that converts these properties into lowercase?

I mean, my HTML tag is not <sly></sly> and I actually tested this in CQ 5.6.1 without sightly and was still converting to lowercase...

Correct answer by
Level 3

I eventually found a workaround by implementing a Sling Rewriter. It might not be the best approach, but since I wasn't able to find an 'easy' way of doing this (I hoped to find some OSGi bundle config that allows to configure this) it is good enough for me.

Some links that helped:

java - AEM: links transform/rewrite in a page - Stack Overflow

Mastering the Sling Rewriter