Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

AEMaaCS : Local dispatcher setup error

Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to setup dispatcher in Windows machine using docker. When I try to run the below command, getting error as follows.

From the error, I could see that port 80 is used by some other application, but I am unable to change the port number.

Command : bin\docker_run.cmd out host.docker.internal:4503 8080

Error: 

values.csv found in deployment folder: C:\adhganes\AEM\AEMaaCS\dispatcher\out - using files listed there
Running script /docker_entrypoint.d/10-check-environment.sh
Running script /docker_entrypoint.d/15-check-pod-name.sh
Running script /docker_entrypoint.d/20-create-docroots.sh
Running script /docker_entrypoint.d/30-wait-for-backend.sh
Waiting until host.docker.internal is available
host.docker.internal resolves to 192.168.65.2
Running script /docker_entrypoint.d/40-generate-allowed-clients.sh
Running script /docker_entrypoint.d/50-check-expiration.sh
Running script /docker_entrypoint.d/60-check-loglevel.sh
Running script /docker_entrypoint.d/70-check-forwarded-host-secret.sh
Running script /docker_entrypoint.d/80-frontend-domain.sh
Starting httpd server
Fri May 12 15:15:16 UTC 2023 Monitoring reload trigger file existence at /etc/httpd/reload seconds started
Setting up watches.
Watches established.
(13)Permission denied: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
AH00015: Unable to open logs

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

The error indicates that port 80 is being used by another application and the server cannot bind to it. You will need to free up port 80 or specify a different port number that is not being used by another application. To do this, you can either stop the application that is using port 80 or specify a different port number in the docker_run.cmd command.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

The error indicates that port 80 is being used by another application and the server cannot bind to it. You will need to free up port 80 or specify a different port number that is not being used by another application. To do this, you can either stop the application that is using port 80 or specify a different port number in the docker_run.cmd command.