Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM6.1 static replication agent

Level 1

I'm using AEM6.1 

I want to deploy my website on a static server from my author instance. I tried creating file system in my local machine using static replication agent in author but it did not work. How can we deploy on a static server from author instance? Help me with the solution

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

When you say it didn't work how did it fail? Did it not produce anything or did it produce the wrong things. 

Have you looked at this blog post? http://www.wemblog.com/2012/02/how-to-use-static-agent-in-cq-wem.html

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

When you say it didn't work how did it fail? Did it not produce anything or did it produce the wrong things. 

Have you looked at this blog post? http://www.wemblog.com/2012/02/how-to-use-static-agent-in-cq-wem.html

Level 1

I used the same blog post(which you have provided) to create my static agent. It did not create anything. In logs it is showing "creating content" and immediately "nothing to replicate". And also this method is not working for etc/designs.

I'm able to create dam folder but not content and etc folders in target directory

Employee Advisor

Change the log level to DEBUG in the agent settings and see if you can find any clue in the logs then. I tested it on 6.1 and for me it works fine. 

Level 6

I think for /etc/ folder you need to publish the folder itself, via activation tree for example. For content you just need to activate the page.

And then it will create the HTML file the path you configured in the agent.

Thanks

Level 1

It is working fine for me now. Only the etc folder is not getting created. I tried to create etc folder from activate tree but it is not created.

Level 1

I tried publishing etc folder from activate tree but still the folder is not created.

Level 3

Hi All,

Is this still true with AEM 6.3 ? OR there is some other way to achieve this.

If it is same as before, how to do I configure it for Windows system. I am trying this on my local instance. How do I provide the target directory ? For Unix/Linux it is like /tmp. How about Windows ?

I am using Agent User Id as Admin

Also, I am seeing below in error log:

com.day.cq.replication.ReplicationException: Unable to replicate content with no transport handler. Check configuration.