Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Workflow to push content from one server to another server

Level 3

Hi Team,

I need to write a workflow to move the modified content from one server to another server programmatically.

Like if i change a any content in Server  A and if i start a workflow in server A and start my workflow, the modified page should be moved to server B

Any inputs will be helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

let me ask the question, why you would need to copy to another authoring instance. In "traditional" AEM setups that's never the case. So can you elaborate on your requirements?

And technically replication is fine (the author does not care, what role the target system has), but replication has some edge-cases, which doesn't it make suitable for all kinds of "AEM-to-AEM" content transfers. For example, ACLs are not transfered.

kind,

Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

You can configure replication agents for content with user access [0] to specific server

Once that is done, Use replicator API where you can use configure replication agent ( will be defined in ReplicationOptions)[1] in workflow code.

[0] http://aemfaq.blogspot.in/2013/05/how-to-configure-replication-agent-to.html

[1] https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/javado...

Level 3

The above link shows replication of content to specific publishers, is there any way to move content from one author to other author,

The requirement is like to move the content from one author to another author

Like i thought of creating package of modified content programatically and installing it to different author through code.

Is this the right approach?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

let me ask the question, why you would need to copy to another authoring instance. In "traditional" AEM setups that's never the case. So can you elaborate on your requirements?

And technically replication is fine (the author does not care, what role the target system has), but replication has some edge-cases, which doesn't it make suitable for all kinds of "AEM-to-AEM" content transfers. For example, ACLs are not transfered.

kind,

Jörg

Level 10

As Joerg points out - moving content to author from author is not a typical use case.