Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM Workflow : Set Due Date in the AEM Inbox Console for the Work Item of the Participant

Level 2

Hello ,

I have created a Participant chooser class which will have a participant and this participant needs to complete the step (not task ) before due date . I need to set a Due Date in the Due date column of the Inbox console. Am using Granite API not cq API's.

Code :

workItem.setDueTime(currentDate);  - This is to set Due date for the workitem

workitem.getDueTime() - This is the date which is supposed to give me the set due date of the workitem

Here , workItem.setDueTime(currentDate) is not showing the date in the Due Date column of AEM Workflow Inbox .

Need to know where this value is stored and if this is not the date which is supposed to be displayed in the Due Date column then how to set Due Date pro grammatically.

Please help.

5 Replies

Level 10

Please take a screen shot of where you want the date to go to be very clear.

Also - in your Java code - is the correct date being generated? I am going to dig into this more to see if i get same results.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Dialogs values are stores in payload node, using java in WorkflowProcess you can adapt payload  to either Node or Page API and get the due date and due time property.

Arun Patidar

Level 10

I talked to the AEM ENG team - they replied:

At this time you cannot change any workitem properties while in the participant chooser code, only thing respected is the returned user.

There is no out of the box way to set a duedate on a workitem, only a task.  Perhaps they could use an event listener to populate this when the workitems are created.

Level 2

Thank U So Much for the response Scott

Currently we are working on the 6.3 version . Would like to know when can we get this feature(i.e. setting Due Date value programmatically in AEM Inbox Console ) available and in which version .

Level 4

Hi Scott,

aforesaid reply from Adobe Eng Team is applicable on AEM 6.4 and 6.5 versions as well ?

Please confirm.

Thanks,