Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Workflow losing sync after deployment

Adobe Champion

I have a custom workflow and after deployment i synced the workflow manually.

But, if again i do a deployment the sync is going(green check is no more available) and then i have to manually sync it.

Does anyone know what is causing the issue.

Please find below the path I have added in the filter.xml

<filter root="/var/workflow/models/dam/test-move" mode="replace"/>

<filter root="/conf/global/settings/workflow/models/dam/test-move" mode="replace" />

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@P_V_Nair 

That is indeed strange.

I tested on my local AEM SDK "2022.11.9850.20221116T162329Z-220900", by deleting the property and triggering re-sync, and the property re-appears on the node.

You could take the below approach from here:-

1.) Check if there is anything wrong with the w/f model and sync was successful or for any error in the logs. You could also validate the feature by creating a new dummy w/f model.

2.)Check on a fresh instance (preferably the latest version). First with default setup by creating a new model and then after deploying your code.

3.) If you still face the issue, Open a support ticket to look deeper into this.

Regards,

Nitesh

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

HI @P_V_Nair 

Can you check this property in your workflow in both nodes? If it's not there, then whenever you build it, its replacing the sync property. Please make sure your code is having this property.

Kiran_Vedantam_0-1671737253373.png

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Employee Advisor

Hi @P_V_Nair ,

There is no need to commit the workflow model under /var node, I have seen some build failures in past. AEMaaCS inspect workflow nodes under /conf and /lib at system startup, inspects them for changes, and then deploys them to /var where appropriate. 

Check this release note:- 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/release-notes/relea... 

It's important that you have synced the model before adding the node under /conf. The reason being AEMaaCS determines if a workflow should be deployed into /var by comparing the lastSynced property with the cq:lastModified property on the workflow model

Note: Please do not modify any property of the Node before committing as it might result in some inconsistent behavior.

Regards,

Nitesh

Adobe Champion

@nitesh_kumar  I tried removing /var path from the filter.xml, still i see the same issue.

Employee Advisor

@P_V_Nair 

Can you please check if these properties exist on your model node under /conf? "cq:lastModified",  "lastSynced", and also check their values?

As I mentioned in the above response, AEM needs these properties to compare in order to deploy this properly.

Regards,

Nitesh

Adobe Champion

@nitesh_kumar  I checked both the nodes inside /conf and /var. I can see "cq:lastModified", but cannot see "lastSynced" property anywhere. I compared with some of the workflows already showing synced. There too i cannot see this property. Can you please help which node this property should be shown?

Employee Advisor

@P_V_Nair 

You should be able to find it on "/conf/global/settings/workflow/models/<your-model>/jcr:content", if you can't see it, try to sync it locally and it should regenerate the properties, after which you can commit it to source control.

temp.png

Regards,

Nitesh

Adobe Champion

@nitesh_kumar  Strange that i don't see that property even after manual sync.

P_V_Nair_0-1671743512164.png

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@P_V_Nair 

That is indeed strange.

I tested on my local AEM SDK "2022.11.9850.20221116T162329Z-220900", by deleting the property and triggering re-sync, and the property re-appears on the node.

You could take the below approach from here:-

1.) Check if there is anything wrong with the w/f model and sync was successful or for any error in the logs. You could also validate the feature by creating a new dummy w/f model.

2.)Check on a fresh instance (preferably the latest version). First with default setup by creating a new model and then after deploying your code.

3.) If you still face the issue, Open a support ticket to look deeper into this.

Regards,

Nitesh