Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM - Ways to reduce repository size

Level 4

Hey All,

We had a question about our repository under the crx-quickstart folder. Our total folder is 26 GB and we're looking for ways to reduce it. Based on everything I've seen, I narrowed it down to a few times that are the culprits.

1475115_pastedImage_4.png

The segment store just has a bunch of .tar balls in it from when we first set up our dev server. Can I delete some of these? Or Should I keep all the .tar balls?

1475114_pastedImage_3.png

The datastore is by far our biggest folder. I was checking this out and from the AEM site itself, I deleted a bunch of sites and unused assets. So total on our site we have lets say ~5 sites with 10 pages and 20 images each. The datastore being so massive is confusing to me because when I check out the disk usage on our AEM server itself, it looks pretty small.

1475116_pastedImage_5.png

I've tried to run the oak-run jar file to compact all of our folders and it unfortunately didn't make it too much smaller.

Are there other ways I can reduce the size of our folders? We are trying to copy this to another server but don't want to use too much space.

Thanks

Brendan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Please check the "AEM Maintenance" pages according to your AEM version. There is documentation how to reduce the amount of storage. For AEM 6.3 it's AEM 6.x Maintenance Guide  (other versions are linked from this page).

Specifically for your case you should check for "Oak Binary File Maintenance" a.k.a "Datastore Garbage Collection".

Regards,

Jörg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Please check the "AEM Maintenance" pages according to your AEM version. There is documentation how to reduce the amount of storage. For AEM 6.3 it's AEM 6.x Maintenance Guide  (other versions are linked from this page).

Specifically for your case you should check for "Oak Binary File Maintenance" a.k.a "Datastore Garbage Collection".

Regards,

Jörg

@Jörg_Hoh , the link you provided doesn't seem to be active anymore. Is there an updated link (I'm looking for AEM 6.5 specifically)? Thanks.