Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Vanity URL take too long to update

Level 3

Hi,

When we add a new or update a vanity URLs to the page and save the config. The changes are not reflected immediately. But after few hours later, we do a check again, then the vanity URL can be used.

I also did a check right after creating a new vanity URL for my page, on Sling Resource Resolver (/system/console/jcrresolver), but nothing was updated as I can observe. But after few hours, the new vanity URL has been appeared on Sling Resource Resolver mapping, and I can use this Vanity URL.

From what I understand, vanity URL should be reflected immediately after I created or updated the vanity URL. But now it's taking too long.

Is there anything wrong for my system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My version is AEM 6.2 Sp1 CFP-14.

Thanks,

Manh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I think the vanitybloom filter is either bloated or the query that refreshes the vanity filter is slow on your instance.

A quick try would be run query [1] after yo update or add a new vanity path and see if you can fetch the node in the query resultset

Read more about VanityBloomFilter at Apache Sling :: Mappings for Resource Resolution

[1] : SELECT sling:vanityPath, sling:redirect, sling:redirectStatus FROM sling:VanityPath WHERE sling:vanityPath IS NOT NULL

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

If you are trying to access the vanity on publisher directly, it should be right away. Check if you are getting any errors in the log files when trying to create the vanity URL.

Are you trying to access the vanity URL from dispatcher? This issue might be caused by the caching at the dispatcher level.

Level 10

Do you mean to say that the console "Sling Resource Resolver (/system/console/jcrresolver)"  doesn't show you updated rules immediately or it appears in console but it doesn't work when you try to access it in browser (either via publish directly or dispatcher)?

Level 3

Thanks all for the reply.

I'm testing this in author, so the change should be reflected immediately after I added or updated vanity url.

gauravb10066713​ The vanity URL does not appear on Sling Resource Resolver and it's not working when I'm trying this in web browser.

Level 10

If the updated rule doesn't appear in '/system/console/jcrresolver'  console immediately, then definitely check error.log as mentioned by Jaideep and share the results

Does it appear after refreshing or logging-out/logging-in again?

Level 3

Hi,

I did notice that, the old rules in jcrresolver is still there even I removed vanity URLs for my page. Tried restarting the AEM instance but these rules are still there. Does something stuck so these rules cannot be removed?

Level 10

When you removed your vanity url from page properties, did you check that page's jcr:content node that sling:vanityPath property is removed or does it still exist even after removing from page properties?

Do you see that rule on 'Resolver Map Entries' or 'Mapping Map Entries' on jcrresolver?

Could you share an example rule?

Correct answer by
Employee

I think the vanitybloom filter is either bloated or the query that refreshes the vanity filter is slow on your instance.

A quick try would be run query [1] after yo update or add a new vanity path and see if you can fetch the node in the query resultset

Read more about VanityBloomFilter at Apache Sling :: Mappings for Resource Resolution

[1] : SELECT sling:vanityPath, sling:redirect, sling:redirectStatus FROM sling:VanityPath WHERE sling:vanityPath IS NOT NULL