Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Touch UI - Workflow Packages Design

Level 3

Hi All,

We moved to Touch UI recently and Our Author don't want to switch to Classic UI for Workflow Packages. They had ability to add page to workflow package from Sidekick. Now moving to Touch UI, Workflow Package UI is not present in Touch UI. In daycare ticket, this is not prioritized even for AEM 6.5.

Is there any way I can implement these functionalities in Touch UI? ( Functionality: Add this page to existing workflow package) Can anyone please throw some light how to implement it?

Thanks,

Sai

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Workflow Package is available in Touch UI It we can be created from sites. (Select multiple pages -->Timeline -->Start Workflow -->Check 'Keep Workflow Package').but according to AEM documentation

• is defined using a specialized page template; such pages allow the user to specify the resources in the package.

Starting Workflows

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 11.55.37 PM.png

ACS AEM Commons also provides tools for Bulk Pages publish, you can check below

Bulk Workflow Manager v2

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Hi Arun,

Thank you! I have explored this option but for some reason for my custom workflows. This option is greyed out and I am unable to check the Keep Workflow Package Option.

Do you know what makes or what property to Workflow "Request for Activation" has "Keep Workflow Package" option enabled?

For me, I need an option on a  page(may be on Edit Tool Bar on touch UI) to add page to existing workflow package(from list of workflow packages) --- Likewise in Classic UI Sidekick - Workflow Tab -- Add this to workflow page

Thanks,

Sai

Community Advisor

Hi,

To enable Workflow package option for custom workflow , you need to add multiResourceSupport=(String)true property in model.

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 8.07.58 PM.png

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Thanks Arun! This helps.. Do you happen to know any flow/overlay design on this below one?

For me, I need an option on a  page(may be on Edit Tool Bar on touch UI) to add page to existing workflow package(from list of workflow packages) --- Likewise in Classic UI Sidekick - Workflow Tab -- Add this to workflow page

Community Advisor

Hi,

I never implemented this kind of functionality.

You may create a Utility to add pages and existing package, which may have a dropdown to select package and a Multifield to add pages and submit button or

You can add one more item in edit toolbar by overlaying /libs/granite/omnisearch/content/metadata/site/actions/selection

and create skin/wizard like move page wizard where user can select packages and page will be added in existing package.

For both the approaches you need to create servlet which will be using Node/JCR Java API to update existing package with new resource.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar