Designers have a distinct role to play in creating UX/UI for AEM projects. Understanding the core capabilities and features of AEM would help in creating designs that can maximize productivity and make the best use of in-built features.
1. How does this article help you?
2. Requirements — Establish a common understanding between Functional/AEM/FE/QA
3. Productivity — Maximize productivity by avoiding duplication of efforts and making the best use of core capabilities and features
4. Cost — Reduced costs, invest time and effort on customizations
5. Authoring experience — Offer simplified authoring experience
6. Quality — Improve the UI quality of the application
Before continuing further, I would recommend you to go through following article to understand the basics of AEM Component authoring.