Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

AEM Target configurations

Level 4

Hi All,

I am working on integration of AEM 6.5.11 with Target via Adobe I/O (using Adobe IMS configuration). I have configured it on dev environment.

Is there a way to package AEM target configurations (or add it in the codebase) so as to move it to higher environments (like QA, Stage)? Or do we need to do the configuration manually in all the environments?

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Let me share my project experience, we have done integration between AEM 6.5.10 and Target via Adobe I/O (using Adobe IMS configuration) on QA environment first.

We have created certificate , API Key, Client secret , JSON payload and these all are specific to QA environment.

I came to know that we need to perform similar activity on Production separately. 

Level 4

Did you use the same project that you created in Adobe I/O for QA as well as prod? or a separate project?

Community Advisor

It would be a different project as the public key will vary for different environments .

Level 4

But we can attach multiple public keys with the same project. So, what is the best approach?

Employee Advisor

As you might already know, AEM Adobe integration is a two step process-

1. Creating the IMS configuration - When you create "Adobe IMS Configurations" for AEM and Target integration, the values gets stored at /apps/system/config/com.adobe.granite.auth.oauth.accesstoken.provider.c023ae85-c724-46d5-8512-ef02442ffc78.config
    You can go ahead and create run modes at this location - examples in /libs/systemBut as you see this a location for AEM OOTB generated configurations, it is not recommended to do so. You should set it up manually for each environment since this is a one time activity for different environments
  2. Creating the cloud configurations - this resides at location /etc/cloudservices/testandtargetYou cannot create a runmode for this one. You have create cloud configuration for each environment separately as the creds will be different.

So to summarize, you should create your own configs per environments as this is one time activity and it helps in identifying any connection issue during the setup.

Level 4

Hi @Anish-Sinha 

Thanks for your response.

I have already tried the above 2-steps. First step by adding the config file on to my project config and second step by creating a package but just wanted to know the best way to deal with multiple environments.

So yes, creating separate configs per environment would be the best.

Level 4

I was able to attach multiple public keys (per environment) with the same project in Adobe I/O and it works fine as well.