Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM stopped working after closing 'start' common prompt

Level 2

Hi all,

I started AEM instance by clicking 'star' script. The, I close the below common prompt . AEM is not up after closing cmd.

I can only access AEM while cmd is opened.

zzz.JPG

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello - Please try to use a custom script located in the bin (crx-quickstart\bin) folder, such as start.bat to start AEM. The Start and Stop scripts are for UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh. The start.bat and stop.bat scripts are for Windows ( Start the instance - start.bat & Stop the instance - stop.bat) OR use service commands to start or stop the instances.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi @Snow123 ,

Yes, AEM will stop if you will close this command prompt. You have to keep this cmd open else the process will also get closed.

You can create a service for this process(as you are using windows) and start the server using that service(if you dnt want to use cmd).

you can try this: https://aemexperts.blogspot.com/2019/03/installing-and-starting-adobe.html

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hi @Snow123 

This is a command line process, so when you close the command, the process will close and it will shut down the instance.

So you need to keep this window always open to keep the instance running, or you can start the instance by clicking on the JAR file.

Or you can follow the below approach to run this as a service on windows:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/deploying/deploying/custom-standalone-...

Thanks!

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello - Please try to use a custom script located in the bin (crx-quickstart\bin) folder, such as start.bat to start AEM. The Start and Stop scripts are for UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh. The start.bat and stop.bat scripts are for Windows ( Start the instance - start.bat & Stop the instance - stop.bat) OR use service commands to start or stop the instances.