Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM startup errors

Level 4

Hi Folks ,

I'm running in to a strange issue with my local AEM 5.6.1 version .  On startup of my AEM 5.6.1 on the console I can see errors stating

[Fatal Error] :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog

After this it indicates as start up completed but when I try to access localhost:4502/welcome.html a blank page appears . In the error log i can see the following trace 

Logs :

ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1380790846386] GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.
ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1380790846386] GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: Possible reason is missing Repository service. Check Authentication.

Appreciate any help in providing me pointers on this problem .

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Check all your XML config files for CQ, especially if you remember editing one, "Content is not allowed in prolog" is a common error when the XML is malformed, or you have whitespace before the opening element of an XML file.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 4

Hi ,

I have included IPV4 address in my start up script but it still results the same . I get the same stack trace in my start up logs and in the error logs i can see the following 

Error logs :

08.10.2013 09:01:42.113 *ERROR* [127.0.0.1 [1381183302105] GET /crxde HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.
08.10.2013 09:01:42.113 *ERROR* [127.0.0.1 [1381183302105] GET /crxde HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: Possible reason is missing Repository service. Check AuthenticationSupport dependencies.
08.10.2013 09:01:42.191 *ERROR* [127.0.0.1 [1381183302191] GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.
08.10.2013 09:01:42.191 *ERROR* [127.0.0.1 [1381183302191] GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: Possible reason is missing Repository service. Check AuthenticationSupport dependencies.
08.10.2013 09:01:44.694 *ERROR* [127.0.0.1 [1381183304694] GET /crxde HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

Level 10

Are you sure all bundles are installed and running?  Verify the same from http://dev.day.com/content/dam/day/onlinetool/COI.html

If everything is fine then Try deleting the index tar file [1] & start the system.

[1]
<cq_home>/crx-quickstart/repository/tarJournal/index*.tar
<cq_home>/crx-quickstart/repository/version/index*.tar
<cq_home>/crx-quickstart/repository/workspaces/crx.default/index*.tar

Level 4

Hi Sham,

Thanks for the reply, the tool was very useful . The bundles seems to be fine and I deleted the index.tars  from the repository locations . However even after the restart  I can still see the same error trace . I am able to access the Felix console but access to repository gives a blank page . I can see that there was no re indexing done as there was no such trace Nor any index files created .

I assume that it is encountering error during start up even before indexing

Any debugging tips on this case?

regards

p

Level 3

Hi,

Seems to be repository might be corrupted.

Following to the Sham reply . please perform the steps in order

1.Stop the server
2.Delete files under/crx-quickstart/repository/repository/index
3.Delete files under /crx-quickstart/repository/workspaces/crx.default/index
4.Start the server

Thanks

Mahesh

Level 4

Hi Mahesh , 

Thanks for the reply .  I actually had already performed these steps . 

When I start the server I get the same trace as I had  mentioned above . Though it indicates that start up has completed , I'm unable to access my repository . The error seems to occur before indexing because i don't see any trace of indexing files nor index files getting created . 

Console Logs :

Any pointers ?

Thanks in advance

Correct answer by
Employee

Check all your XML config files for CQ, especially if you remember editing one, "Content is not allowed in prolog" is a common error when the XML is malformed, or you have whitespace before the opening element of an XML file.

Level 10

Need a webex to see what is happening. File daycare & get official help.

Level 4

dcollie wrote...

Thanks for the pointer .  It seems that  the file custom_nodetypes.xml due to some reasons (may be possibly sudden restart of my local pc) got malformed .  I replaced it with the file from one of my different installation and the start up went normal .

regards

Krishna

Level 5

I tried and it worked for me. My experience says because of improper shutdown of machine, this startup problem occurs. So, better to always shut down system properly specially on Friday :)