Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Solr Setup Questions

Community Advisor

Hi,

Tried to read through docs, but could not find any recommendations regarding following questions:

• Which version of Solr should be used with AEM 6.1(is recommended or was regression tested with AEM6.1)?
  • What is the preferred remote Solr layout when using multiple publish/author instances?
  • Which tools should be used to achieve data consistency between AEM and Solr?

Thanks,

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi

I tested recently Apachae Solr 4.9.1 with AEM 6.1 and it works without any problem. I did not have any problem with that version.

To your second question I have no answer, I am sorry. To the third question, I think it depeneds for what you want to use Solr. I know that AEM 6.1 has a integrated Solr Server but it is not the same as an standalone Solr instance. I am using Solr for UGC with Mongo in the background and it works great. Adobe also recommends to use Mongo or Adobe Cloud for data consistency. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi

I tested recently Apachae Solr 4.9.1 with AEM 6.1 and it works without any problem. I did not have any problem with that version.

To your second question I have no answer, I am sorry. To the third question, I think it depeneds for what you want to use Solr. I know that AEM 6.1 has a integrated Solr Server but it is not the same as an standalone Solr instance. I am using Solr for UGC with Mongo in the background and it works great. Adobe also recommends to use Mongo or Adobe Cloud for data consistency. 

Community Advisor

thank you for your answer !

Will try the version you have suggested