Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM SOLR Log Message

Level 8

I just setup an AEM 6.1 instance with SOLR, everything is working great but i'm getting tons of this error message in my error log:

04.01.2016 12:55:33.683 *WARN* [pool-6-thread-3-SendThread(localhost:9983)] org.apache.felix.jaas No JAAS module configured for realm Client

I can add a new JAAS configuration using the console, but what class do I need to target?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can suppress the message by creating a new config with log level ERROR for class org.apache.felix.jaas  OR configure rotation as per your need. At this point I have less involved in Solr side for right recommendation.  You can file a support ticket and attach the logs, thread dump. will validate & change the log level if it is valid. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Just a guess. You can ignore it.

Level 8

Well the problem with ignoring it is that it's filling up the log.  There are multiple entries every second, so it's really not an option to leave it there, especially when we move to a production environment.

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can suppress the message by creating a new config with log level ERROR for class org.apache.felix.jaas  OR configure rotation as per your need. At this point I have less involved in Solr side for right recommendation.  You can file a support ticket and attach the logs, thread dump. will validate & change the log level if it is valid. 

Level 3

Just curious if you found a resolution to these messages in the log.

Seeing the same with an AEM 6.2 environment upgraded from AEM 6.1 with Solr.

Thanks.

Level 4

Hi Leeasling,

I was also getting  the log message in error.log. This got suppressed by configuring the logger for org.apache.felix.jass to ERROR level.

04.01.2016 12:55:33.683 *WARN* [pool-6-thread-3-SendThread(localhost:9983)] org.apache.felix.jaas No JAAS module configured for realm Client

I am also getting following message in log

22.02.2017 14:22:28.646 *WARN* [pool-6-thread-5] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.solr.server.RemoteSolrServerProvider unable to initialize SolrCloud client for localhost:9983 java.io.IOException: the found SolrCloud server is not alive

Any pointers for resolving this message would be helpful.

- Sandeep