Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

[AEM Sidekick - Components] Components are not beeing listed when the user is not of administrator group

Level 1

Hey guys,

I am facing a strange behavior in AEM, when I go to any page my site in editor mode logged as Admin I can see all the components that are in my policy listed in the AEM Sidekick - Components tab, but when I needed to create a new User and give It the Content-Authors group, when that user gone to the same page in editor mode the components don't show up for that user.

Is that an expected behavior? Do you guys have any tip on that?

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@AquilaVasconcelos I am not seeing any issue with given use case. 

1. created a test user and assigned group as content-authors (and everyone as default group) and I can see components in sidekick as test user

Tested this use case in AEMaaCS latest version and deployed WKND Site. 

Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you check whether there are any errors on console ? Also which version of AEM you are using and check whether the user is having permissions to /apps and /conf folder for required folders. It seems to be a permissions issue for the new user added to Content-Authors group

Level 1

@Ravi_Pampana @Nitin_laad thanks for the help,

@Nitin_laad I did the same test, and for me when I go to the wknd site the sidekick components tab also brings the list even when I am logged with the new User. But when I go to a page of mine logged as this new User the components list in the sidecick is empty.

about the AEM version: 6.5.11.0 - the latest ServicePack
about the user permissions: I've set the following groups: Everyone (default), content-authors, contributors and analytics administrators (come with content-authors) and template authors just in order to see if anything would work.

@Ravi_Pampana about the permissions I've tried setting every possible permissions for apps e conf and that also didn't work, but I don't really believe that has something to do with the folders permissions, what is realy strange for me is the behavior being different in wknds tutorials page and my own project pages. Maybe It has something to do with the templates.