Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Sends data to Adobe Campaign to trigger campaign

Level 2

Hi Team,

We are integrating Adobe Campaign tool with AEM and getting data in our Recipient table through AEM form.

Our requirement is to trigger campaign in Adobe Campaign, once data comes in Recipient through AEM.

Do we need any coding at AEM end to trigger workflow of campaign in Adobe Campaign.

Please help me out to achieve this requirement.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks in Advance.

Akanksha.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Akanksha.Shree wrote...

I went through whole document. But I didnt get such functionality of appending Folder-id & all through AEM form.

Hi Akanksha,

This is your business requirement so you will not be able to find the exact implementation in documentation but enough information to implement this requirement. I can give you the overview to implement this but i will not be going to write the code for exact implementation. i.e. create a service in AEM for CRUD operation in adobe campaign in that you have to pass that folder ID. as a parameter along with other values.

Read this for webservice https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/CFG_API_Web_service_calls.html

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

Akanksha Shree wrote...

Hi Team,

We are integrating Adobe Campaign tool with AEM and getting data in our Recipient table through AEM form.

Our requirement is to trigger campaign in Adobe Campaign, once data comes in Recipient through AEM.

Do we need any coding at AEM end to trigger workflow of campaign in Adobe Campaign.

Please help me out to achieve this requirement.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks in Advance.

Akanksha.

Hi Akanksha,

You don't have to code for this. It's controlled by campaign work flow.

1. create one recurring campaign in adobe campaign.

2. create a workflow with incremental query which you can schedule to suit your requirements.

3. use a recurring email delivery to send out the email to newly created  recipient.

refer to the following screen

Level 2

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply.

I created a workflow as per requirement.  Please find image below. 

Here Incremental query is scheduled to run after each minute and checking recipient table if any entry had made within 70 seconds and processing it.

I have few queries on steps mentioned by you :-

1. Is it necessary to create campaign of Recurring type, if I am using incremental query. I believe general campaign will also work.

2. This workflow will pick such records also which is insert by some other sources or users, so I am worried if it is good approach. Could you please suggest any alternate input on my workflow if you have.

Thanks,

Akanksha

Level 10

Akanksha Shree wrote...

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply.

I created a workflow as per requirement.  Please find image below. 

Here Incremental query is scheduled to run after each minute and checking recipient table if any entry had made within 70 seconds and processing it.

I have few queries on steps mentioned by you :-

1. Is it necessary to create campaign of Recurring type, if I am using incremental query. I believe general campaign will also work.

2. This workflow will pick such records also which is insert by some other sources or users, so I am worried if it is good approach. Could you please suggest any alternate input on my workflow if you have.

Thanks,

Akanksha

Answer 1: Yes, It's because in future you wanted to stop/Restart this campaign so to meet those future requirements you have to do this.

Answer 2: you have two options to solve this problem

1. You can create a dedicated recipient folder for all the recipient you are getting from AEM and use that folder filter to populate your Campaign

2. add an extra field i.e. source/origin in recipient table and populate "AEM" as value from AEM in this field and use that to filter it from other recipients.

Regards,

Amit

Level 2

Hi Amit,

Thanks for providing solution.

I have one doubt on first point of 2nd Answer –

How can we use dedicated Recipient Folder for the data coming from AEM, As by default it comes under Profiles and Targets >> Recipients folder.

Thanks,

Akanksha

Level 10

Create a new nmsRecipient type folder under your recipient folder and get the ID from properties>>advanced and pass that value from AEM to campaign while passing the Recipient data as an additional parameter i.e folder-id=<ID of newly created folder>

Regards,

Amit

Level 2

Hi Amit,

I tried to create a field in AEM form , but while mapping with Recipient not getting any field of Folder like Folder-id.

Please refer the image attached here.

I tried something to resolve this. I made an entry (Folder-id) in Recipient Form in Adobe Campaign and Folder-id (Primary key) is showing in Recipient folder structure now, but it is not reflecting in AEM Form. 

Can a field like primary key can be mapped through AEM form?

If yes, then how can we use this field as condition in AEM form.

Thanks,

Akanksha

Level 10

This is not this simple, It's custom code. Read adobe campaign docs for complete integration.

Level 2

I went through whole document. But I didnt get such functionality of appending Folder-id & all through AEM form.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Akanksha.Shree wrote...

Hi Akanksha,

This is your business requirement so you will not be able to find the exact implementation in documentation but enough information to implement this requirement. I can give you the overview to implement this but i will not be going to write the code for exact implementation. i.e. create a service in AEM for CRUD operation in adobe campaign in that you have to pass that folder ID. as a parameter along with other values.

Read this for webservice https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/CFG_API_Web_service_calls.html

Regards,

Amit

Level 1

Hi Akanksha

can you please share how you are using aem form to send recipient to adobe campaign,please help me out if you have any documents for that.

Thanks

Chandan

chandan.hindustani@capgemini.com

ck14371@gmail.com